Home Non Cigar Related

Sick of Diablo 3...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Or want something different, try torch light 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeVj6O4jSwE

I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Is it out yet? I preordered but have not been on Steam. Did not think much of the first one, either.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I hear the 20th. I'm looking forward to it. I never played the first game (torchlight). I was super hyped for D3 but was let down. I have hope on torch light! though I wish I had more time to play these games.
    More time for games? You and me both brother!
  • Quit d3 a while back I'm on to gw2 for the time being and enjoying it.
    Why all the D3 hate? I've not played it, but that anger seems to be universal. Bad DRM?
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Company of Heros 2 Next year brothers!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the Re-release of Baldur's Gate coming next week. Nostalgia in full swing. Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition ...yes, I am a full on nerd.
    jthanatos:
    I am looking forward to the Re-release of Baldur's Gate coming next week. Nostalgia in full swing. Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition ...yes, I am a full on nerd.
    How did I not hear of this?!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Why all the D3 hate? I've not played it, but that anger seems to be universal. Bad DRM?
    I never played either. I was a D2 fiend , and thoroughly enjoyed if for yeeears,would put it up, then come back to it! Haha. I was never super good, but had my share of crazy items and looking for those keys or whatever. Anyway,i always wondered how 3 would be
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    I dunno, but it is going to be awesome. New characters, new adventures, online co-op. Finally, a game I want on both my tablet and computer.
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    I dunno, but it is going to be awesome. New characters, new adventures, online co-op. Finally, a game I want on both my tablet and computer.
    Better graphics I hope ;) Although, there is something nostalgic about the horrible graphics. I'll take a good story over good graphics.
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Better graphics I hope ;) Although, there is something nostalgic about the horrible graphics. I'll take a good story over good graphics.
    Actually, while they are updating portraits and animations, they are sticking with the original graphics. Most of the time has been spent removing bugs and adding more options, like wild magic.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Im right there with you i stopped playing when i beat it on hardcore and i pushed myself to stay on that long!! I cant wait for Borderlands 2 and Black ops 2 to come out
    The buffalonian:
    Im right there with you i stopped playing when i beat it on hardcore and i pushed myself to stay on that long!! I cant wait for Borderlands 2 and Black ops 2 to come out
    +1 on borderlands 2. My wife and I loved the first.
    jthanatos:
    The buffalonian:
    +1 on borderlands 2. My wife and I loved the first.
    If your on xbox hit me up Sil3nt D3cay ill be on tuseday night
    I wish I could get my wife to play games.
    Rain:
    It took awhile, but co-op were the best for getting my wife to play. She loves CoD and Borderlands (or, as she calls them, "pew pew" games). As for games she likes to play herself, Skylanders really sucked her in and she now wants to do a Skyrim playthrough.

Just come at it from the idea of something that you can do together, just like watching movies, or going for walks. Only game I would stay away from in Co-Op is New Super Mario Brothers for the WII. Co-Op mode would better be called Divorce Mode.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    It took awhile, but co-op were the best for getting my wife to play. She loves CoD and Borderlands (or, as she calls them, "pew pew" games). As for games she likes to play herself, Skylanders really sucked her in and she now wants to do a Skyrim playthrough.

Just come at it from the idea of something that you can do together, just like watching movies, or going for walks. Only game I would stay away from in Co-Op is New Super Mario Brothers for the WII. Co-Op mode would better be called Divorce Mode.
    LOL!!! Those Mario's are killer... and I agree. I loved B-lands. I'll have to ask my wife to play sometime
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Rain:
    where to start... first they take it down almost every week for "maintenance". But they also take it down throughout the week a lot of the times without notice. And you have a little message that pops up saying you have 5 minutes or so but the thing is, you can't save it unless you get a checkpoint. and at times they are far and few between. Also "always" have to be online to play but the biggest thing is the auction house. I mean my main is a witch doctor and while I like her she's tough to play with. I beat all but the last level what is that insane or nightmare.. what ever it is. I can't get good enough gear or items. They just don't pop up. And I don't like the idea of having to keep buying stuff from the AU to hit and run all the time. Sort of pointless to play a game where you have to be at the edge of the screen all the time and keep running away just to get a few feet. Those are the biggest complaints about D3 and it's a major F up for Blizzard. I hope they don't F up starcraft 2.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Rain:
    where to start... first they take it down almost every week for "maintenance". But they also take it down throughout the week a lot of the times without notice. And you have a little message that pops up saying you have 5 minutes or so but the thing is, you can't save it unless you get a checkpoint. and at times they are far and few between. Also "always" have to be online to play but the biggest thing is the auction house. I mean my main is a witch doctor and while I like her she's tough to play with. I beat all but the last level what is that insane or nightmare.. what ever it is. I can't get good enough gear or items. They just don't pop up. And I don't like the idea of having to keep buying stuff from the AU to hit and run all the time. Sort of pointless to play a game where you have to be at the edge of the screen all the time and keep running away just to get a few feet. Those are the biggest complaints about D3 and it's a major F up for Blizzard. I hope they don't F up starcraft 2.
    if they screw up starcraft 2 ill cry
    The buffalonian:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Rain:
    The episodic nature they are going for is already putting me off.
    jthanatos:
    The buffalonian:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Rain:
    Check. Just another way to charge 60 bucks three times.
    jthanatos:
    The buffalonian:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Rain:
    yeah but I do like how I get many more missions for each race. I don't like all the nerfing crap they are doing. I say if you play a unit in sp, you should be able to play it in mp. I just think it would be better if they would have released all three by now instead of still making us wait till the zerg pack is released. Then how long we will have to wait for the protoss.