Home General Discussion

MOLD!!!

Hey guys!! Long time no speak...life has been crazy and I haven't been on here in months. I have been using a cooler to keep my cigars and a CCOM cigar gel humi device.....today I opened up my cooler and was admiring my cigars...I opened up my God of Fire Coffin box for a GoF I got on CCOM mooch last year......and there was green mold all over it!!! I was so distraught.

From what I've read ive seperated my cigars that have mold and am cleaning the cigars with a little rubbing alcohol....i dunno what else to do...luckily most of my cigars are in plastic wrappers and don't seem to be affected ( I think i caught it pretty early ) does anyone have any experience with this or advice....I need help bad!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't have experience with mold, but I would recommend using a dilution of white vinegar instead of rubbing alcohol. Mix it up about 4:1, water to vinegar. It will evaporate without leaving a scent or any residue and will kill the mold.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Joe's theory seems sound, but I would also NEVER add those affected back to the humi.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    ouch, a god of fire? that's one stick that I would mourn...out of all of them why did the mold have to pick that one? doesn't seem fair, does it? I'm gonna smoke one tonight in effigy!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Your rH must eithe rbe too high or maybe some water got on that cigar. I have a few coffins at home and the last I checked they are ok. I have them opened a little bit so some humidity can get in there but they are not opened a lot. I forget if they are in cello or not. The only other thing I can think of is that there was mold on it already. Maybe not enough to notice. Sorry to hear man. I actually had mold on a cigar last month but that was my fault. My Ashton humidifier fell from the top of the humi and it must have leaked some water onto the cigar. Because the cigar was moldy and stained, I just threw it out. It was a Shaggy too :-(
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    Well I don't think that cigar had already been moldy...ive taken it out several times to admire and dream of the day I smoked it for about a year now. I just filled my little humi care thing so I must of gotten some water somewhere i all I can think. Or I had friends come a week before and they could of gotten drunk...stolen some and gotten some beer or something in there :(....

The worst thing is 4 cigars had mold....GoF, Gurkha Beast, Padilla something I dont remember, and a 30 dollar Coriente cuban I got in toronto.....FML
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Oh man, that really sucks. I'm sorry, Handy, I will mourn your loss tomorrow.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'm mourning your loss now ...that sucks
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Sorry to hear man. I definately feel your pain.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    Well I guess I will just have to smoke more cigars so I don't have to worry about losing dozens at a time to some stupid mold...
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    got a sol cubano cuban cabinet torpedo burning right now in your honor...this one's for you man...
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Burned a 5 Vegas Relic in you honor.....Got me all teared up over a cigar going before it's time.....