Home Cigar 101
Options

Second humi - did flavored sticks kill it?

dan7876dan7876 Posts: 47
Hey all, got me a small problem...too many sticks on the way to fit in my main humidor, and not nearly enough time to smoke through enough to make room. Guess you were all right that a 100-ct really wouldn't be enough. :) I've got a second, smaller humi that came with a sampler last year and I've been using that to house the 7 or so flavored cigars that I bought to try (Acids, Kahlua, etc), and it turns out that I'm not really into them...I've been waiting for someone to ask for a flavored one at a bbq or something, but everyone always goes for what's in the main humi (including me). So, that brings me to my question - has 10 months of Kahlua inhalation tainted my second humi for future regular cigar use? Would like to remove (and gift, ha) the flavored sticks and start using the second humi for regular overflow. Someone here has to have tried this. Is it doable? Cause it sure smells like Kahlua in there. (I guess the other option is to have a bbq and send people home with a few extras in order to make room...either way works) Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Dan, you've got a PM.
  • Options
    Ditto.
  • Options
    So no one's done a natural sticks-to-flavored humidor transplant then?
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    ive had cigar ash get into my humidor before, I couldnt get the smell out. so I ended up sanding the inside down a bit, you dont notice now. you could try that. another thing that might work is sprinkle backing soda in it, and leave it closed and empty, with no humidifier element for a couple weeks. I am thinking that the smell will come out with the water as it evaporates.
  • Options
    Thanks jihiggs...baking soda and then re-seasoning after a few weeks sounds logical, I think I'll give it a shot.