Home Non Cigar Related

Cigar Lighting Technique

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Is he serious, and is it a good idea? Doubt it, but he seems to think so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7M64BcTPE&feature=related

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Is he serious, and is it a good idea? Doubt it, but he seems to think so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7M64BcTPE&feature=related

So, whatever happened to properly toasting the foot before lighting? I don't know whether he was serious but IMO he was just looking for a topic to use to draw attention to himself and/or the B&M he's representing. I don't plan to adopt his technique although I may test it so as to make a decision regarding its validity......

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that I want to hold a torch in my mouth like that but hey whatever he wants to do, lol! Interesting method... let me know how it goes, Marty
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    I'll try to remember to let you know. It won't be today, though. I'd already decided to spark up a 5Vegas Limitada this morning.

Yeah, just bump this thread whenever. I may try too! I dunno if I have any gars with cedar
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Yeah, just bump this thread whenever. I may try too! I dunno if I have any gars with cedar
    i got a couple, but i keep playing this over and over in my head, and it keeps going horribly wrong! LOL
    Lol!!! Take one for the team and make a video of you doing it!
    Gray4lines:
    Lol!!! Take one for the team and make a video of you doing it!

Ha HAA!! Yeah! Let us know how it turns out, okay?? Just kidding, Bro. Don't do it of you think it could go wrong on ya.....

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    Gray4lines:
    i got a couple, but i keep playing this over and over in my head, and it keeps going horribly wrong! LOL
    The question is, how attached are you to the idea of having eyebrows? I have faith in you.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I think I will try this tonight
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting. I don't have anything with a sleeve right now, but I think I will try it on the next one I get!
    Okey Dokey, boys and girls. Here's the latest haps with the lighting technique.

It works!!

And didn't even come close to threatening ye olde eyelashes, either. I was alone when I tried it so didn't get it on video, but it works. And even after seeing that guy do it, I sorta didn't think it would.

Coupla caveats - puffing to get it going is okay but I don't think I'd want to inhale a cedar puff. Also, not every stick will have cedar - I wrapped a cedar tube around a Padilla '68.

Anyway, a cute bar trick but not for everyday.

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:

It works!!

And didn't even come close to threatening ye olde eyelashes, either. I was alone when I tried it so didn't get it on video, but it works. And even after seeing that guy do it, I sorta didn't think it would.

Coupla caveats - puffing to get it going is okay but I don't think I'd want to inhale a cedar puff. Also, not every stick will have cedar - I wrapped a cedar tube around a Padilla '68.

I tried this earlier with a GH vintage 2002 and it worked like a charm. It lit almost perfect. Although I did notice it was a little tricky getting the remaining cedar off after it was lit. I agree though; definitely not for everyday but would be a neat bar trick
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    jlmarta:

It works!!

I tried this earlier with a GH vintage 2002 and it worked like a charm. It lit almost perfect. Although I did notice it was a little tricky getting the remaining cedar off after it was lit. I agree though; definitely not for everyday but would be a neat bar trick
    That is really cool. No initial harshness or anything? I would have thought with all the fire near the foot you would have ended up burning the tobacco.
    jthanatos:
    skweekz:
    jlmarta:

It works!!

That is really cool. No initial harshness or anything? I would have thought with all the fire near the foot you would have ended up burning the tobacco.

Nope, didn't notice any harshness. 'Course, you have to forego the toasting part of the ritual but, hey, anything for science, right??