Home Ratings & Reviews

Thoughts/Suggestions? Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic vs. 5 Vegas Miami

Been wanting to try both of these for a while and have cleared some room in my box for some new smokes.  Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on either or both of the subject cigars.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I have 1 robusto of each sitting in my humi right now...they should be hitting the torch this weekend, i'll let you know how they go
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    Ive smoked both cigars...I was not a huge fan of the 5 vegas miami. Its a decent cigar and alot of bang for the buck...but it lacked alot of complexity. I find the don pepin cigars much more flavorful and complex....but you should try them both for yourself :D
  • nailsnails Posts: 18
    Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic rates higher in my opinion.I only have smoked a few of each.Neither are in my inventory.I prefer to stock Padron 2000 & 3000's Maduros and the Oliva Maduros.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I have not had the Cuban classic yet since it is still resting in my Humi.  The 5 Vegas Miami is a can't miss though for around $3/stick when you find it on sale.  It is one of the top cigars when you find it on sale.
  • PKJHPKJH Posts: 11
    I love the 5 vegas Miami, I love it even more when it's on special.
  • emyers99emyers99 Posts: 15
    I'm a huge Pepin fan (JJ being my all time favorite) and a big fan of the 5 Vegas Classic.  I've had 5 or 6 Miami's and don't really care for them.  The aroma is very odd and the flavor isn't as good as the other Vegas lines in my opinion.  So if I had to pick between these two, I'd say the Pepin is the way to go. 
  • Both are quality cigars and I would suggest ordering a couple of each. I love the Cuban Classic because it is a "very spicy, get your attention, let you know your smoking it, and make you beg for more, smack you in the face" kind of cigar. I love the 5 Vegas Miami because it is not a Cuban Classic, it is def. a Pepin blend with that 5 Vegas taste...giving a more comfortable profile for those who don't like their cigar smacking them around. You might find that the Miami is more "user friendly", and, depending on your mood, more to your liking. I smoke both, and will reach for a Cuban Classic when I need a strong boot in my ass. I smoke the 5 Vegas Miami when I want to treat myself to a 5 Vegas top shelf, because it does have that 5 Vegas taste to it. Your mileage may vary.
  • DPG is definately a top 10 cigar for me now. fantastic flavors and very easy draw. i've had 5 of them now in the past 3 days and they are the bomb digity!
  • I've tried several 5 Vegas and found them to be generally good to very good. The Cuban Classic I find far more interesting. Cigarstudent is right when he says "you know you're smoking it" and that's fine by me.