Home Ratings & Reviews

Favorite Nub

What is your personal favorite Nub cigar? I haven't gotten a chance to try them yet and have my reservations, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Have a good one!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm not much of a Nub fan, but I liked the Connecticut the best.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I'm waiting on the Nub Maduro to be available, but as of right now, I love the Nub Cammy.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    And I, myself, prefer the Nub Habano. So there you have it, we all like different nubs! it goes to show that there is something for everyone!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Nub Conneticut is my favorite - nice short finish, very smooth and lots of thick smoke. Nub Cameroon is a close second though
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The Cameroon 464BPT is my fave by far. I only smoke the torpedos, as I'm not a real big fan of the extra large ring gauge cigars and the torpedo makes it feel a little smaller.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    madurofan:
    The Cameroon 464BPT is my fave by far. I only smoke the torpedos, as I'm not a real big fan of the extra large ring gauge cigars and the torpedo makes it feel a little smaller.
    My favorite also, but the BPT is 466 not 464.
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    My favorite also, but the BPT is 466 not 464.
    You are correct, sir. My bad.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Not a fan, too bland for me. I do like the 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle for a similar concept smoke.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm a fan of all of the Nubs. My favorite is the Habano though.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Hmm, I'm gonna go cammie, then connie (very close second) and then habano.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    so far... the connecticut. that may change tomorrow or the day after once i try the maduro.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    The nub cameroon torpedo shape is my favorite out of the ones that I have had.
    kuzi16:
    so far... the connecticut. that may change tomorrow or the day after once i try the maduro.
    still the Connecticut... but the maduro is pretty darn good.

ill try and post the review tomorrow.
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    still the Connecticut... but the maduro is pretty darn good.

ill try and post the review tomorrow.
    Sweet. The Cammie is still my favorite but the maduro will probably take second place from the Habano as soon as I smoke another one. The thing is though, after the Cameroon its 1000ths of a point that seperate them for me. I just like nubs.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Nub Habano 464
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Maduro, hands down. I don't even really like the other Nubs, but I would definately buy more of the Maduros.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    the nubs i have had have not been that great...although the new maduro might be better...Oliva knows how to do maduros
    i like maduro cigars in general.
    i still think the best nub is the Connecticut. the maduro is good, but it isnt great. maybe its still too fresh. I have another one in my humi that ill smoke in a bit.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I agree with Kuzi on both points. Nub Conn is the best IMHO.
    Maduro was too fresh, a little rough and I smoked it without any resting time.
    All that = Not a very good smoke....
    Some of the flavors were good, but it was a little harsh, appeared to be hastily rolled and had burn issues most of the way including a wrapper split about half way.
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    Nub Connecticut was my favorite and it's not moved on the "favor" scale, but the Maduro created a new position at the top.  I have boxes of each  and although the first 2 Maduro's were fresh off the truck, out of the box at the local B&M (and expensive) and the 3rd, last night, was fresh out of my first box, they were really, really good with no major issues that I expected since they were so fresh.

Connies will still be my favorite companion to my morning 4 shot latte' and the occational evening smoke when I'm in the mood for one, but the Maduro will be a go to most of the time out side of the morning hours.

As with any cigar, the are much better after resting.  I've had 1-2 bad ones, bad burn, bad taste but I'd expect that every now and then, otherwise they're really quality smokes.

I'll say this, the best way to ruin a cigar, and some people do it and never even realize they did it, is to eat or drink the wrong thing.  Don't believe me, eat a handful of salted peanuts in the shell right in the middle of smoking any cigar. Ya, you'll know where the word "****" came from.  Don't ask me how I know.  Surprise [:O]
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I love the Maduro torpedo. I think it was 464 but I am not sure.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    none...I had one that was decent...the Habano but overall I didn't like them.