Home Non Cigar Related

salt water fishing

So I just moved to sc and have never salt water fished. I am set for fresh water as I have done this my entire life, but was hoping to get recommendations for ocean/flats fishing from some experienced people. Gear, baits etc.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You doing deep sea too or fishing on the inlands? I used to go with my dad on the inlands near Beufort, NC. Lots of fun. There are some pretty good size fish sometimes, caught a few small sharks and flounder and stuff. We always had a guide and used live crab/ small fish for bait. Im no expert, but it was very cool fishing on the flats.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Inlands
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Im with you deej, I am trying to research it as well. I have learned that alot of bass rigs work just as well in salt water. I use a lot of plastic worms on carolina and texas rigs.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Im with you deej, I am trying to research it as well. I have learned that alot of bass rigs work just as well in salt water. I use a lot of plastic worms on carolina and texas rigs.
    ya and that sucks for me cause I am a trout fisher lol. Spoons don't work well and my tackle is made up of spoons mostly. I want to learn to cast net for the shrimp for fish and frozen for smaller shark from what I have heard.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Any fresh fish will catch shark from what I understand. I know in florida, they have a hard time catching fish without sharks taking them off the hook.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the species targeted but its hard to beat swim baits on a 1-1 1/2oz jig head or a gulp grub on a 1/2oz jighead
    Money can't buy taste
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pier fishing with Sabiki rigs can be fun.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR