Home Non Cigar Related

Apple Just Doesn't Stop

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I guess the billion dollars Apple won from a lawsuit against Samsung wasn't enough. Now they are demanding another 7 mil plus! I mean WTF! I have my issues with Apple just over their over controlled features and single minded tunnel vision on their products but this whole thing about them taking ideas that are open source or what not then suing over them over and over again. I mean who would have thought they would win on an argument that they had a square design? I mean why doesn't Nintendo sue over how Sega copied them? Just freaking silly.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/09/apple-demands-707-million-in-additional-damages-from-samsung/

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Hate apple
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own an S2 and S3.... F34K apple.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who despises apple even more now after the joke litigation. Of course they are losing in every countries court system Except the US (which stinks of obvious protectionism by biased courts). Love my samsung phones, we have 3 for the family, and I LoveLoveLove my galaxy tab 10.1.. oh well they have super fanboyish followers who will buy their junk always, but after this I can say I will make it a point to NEVER buy an Apple product.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I really like how apple was a few decades ago. They didn't try to squash everyone and take over the market. Seems as though they have really hurt their image. However their sales do not really reflect that. Even Microsoft isn't as controlling as Apple and that's saying a lot. Funny thing is that the apple phone uses many of Samsung's components but Samsung can't say, oh well you know you're really pissing us off right now, so no components for you! That would really be sweet though.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Have you seen Samsung's latest commercial? saw it tonight during the FSU/Clemson game made me and my room mate lol a lot
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Have you seen Samsung's latest commercial? saw it tonight during the FSU/Clemson game made me and my room mate lol a lot
    I too laughed my d!ck off.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Apple's net worth is 600 billions and the largest company in the world. The market analysts believe- Apple might be the only company on earth and most probably will become the first trillion dollar company in the history. Apple's technology edge and financial strength are far supirior than anyone else on earth. That tells me that they will try to crush any company who try to compete with them. International trademark, license issues are very complicated and WTO simply a tolls for the big corporations to eliminate small innovative companies. As you all know how Pixer struggled and finally was acquired by the Disney world. It is simply just impossible to stop these monsterious corporation now a days.
    rzaman:
    Apple's net worth is 600 billions and the largest company in the world. The market analysts believe- Apple might be the only company on earth and most probably will become the first trillion dollar company in the history. Apple's technology edge and financial strength are far supirior than anyone else on earth. That tells me that they will try to crush any company who try to compete with them. International trademark, license issues are very complicated and WTO simply a tolls for the big corporations to eliminate small innovative companies. As you all know how Pixer struggled and finally was acquired by the Disney world. It is simply just impossible to stop these monsterious corporation now a days.
    Actually they don't have any technological edge. A lot of their stuff is last gen or when they do launch something new the tech has already been out. Like siri, that wasn't new, google already had something like it, and now it is better than siri even with the Iphone 5.
    Apple to me is almost like a virus. It takes things that are already around or are open sourced and they tweak it a bit only to patent it then try to stop anyone from continuing or improving it. Just like with the recent lawsuit against Samsung. Hell look at out their map app has gone, they dumped google only to make their own and it sucks.

A great example of this is when they came out with the ipod. There were already mp3 players out, I actually had one. What apple did was stamp their own type of program for using their device along with a "store" they would put up songs and videos. For some reason they got a butt load of money by saying it was innovative and people flocked. I don't know this for sure and maybe it's a huge leap but around this time is when napster and other mp3 sharing sites started to be taken down and lawsuits started. Almost like a quite takeover of free sharing.

Apple is a creative company and has done a great job at marketing and making some believe they are top dog in the tech world but they are not. One of the reasons why I have such a hard time with my fellow friends who are apple nerds. It's like talking to a person that has a hard belief in God, you aren't going to win.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    phobicsquirrel:
    rzaman:
    Actually they don't have any technological edge. A lot of their stuff is last gen or when they do launch something new the tech has already been out. Like siri, that wasn't new, google already had something like it, and now it is better than siri even with the Iphone 5.
    Apple to me is almost like a virus. It takes things that are already around or are open sourced and they tweak it a bit only to patent it then try to stop anyone from continuing or improving it. Just like with the recent lawsuit against Samsung. Hell look at out their map app has gone, they dumped google only to make their own and it sucks.

A great example of this is when they came out with the ipod. There were already mp3 players out, I actually had one. What apple did was stamp their own type of program for using their device along with a "store" they would put up songs and videos. For some reason they got a butt load of money by saying it was innovative and people flocked. I don't know this for sure and maybe it's a huge leap but around this time is when napster and other mp3 sharing sites started to be taken down and lawsuits started. Almost like a quite takeover of free sharing.

Apple is a creative company and has done a great job at marketing and making some believe they are top dog in the tech world but they are not. One of the reasons why I have such a hard time with my fellow friends who are apple nerds. It's like talking to a person that has a hard belief in God, you aren't going to win.
    LOL. I don't know about God, but the 100 shares of Apple that I bought in 1994 paid off my mortgage this year.
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:
    rzaman:

LOL. I don't know about God, but the 100 shares of Apple that I bought in 1994 paid off my mortgage this year.
    sweet, nice man.