Home Ratings & Reviews

Natural by Drew Estates - Root

My wife coined an affectionate term for our Lhasa Apso when she just flops on the bed on one of our hands and just wallows around on her back. Everyone has seen the typical dog do it... scratch their back while on their back. Well she calls it Rooting, or "Drop the Root"

I was at the Tinderbox in Collierville and saw this cigar called "Root." I had to get it just as an inside joke to my wife. It sat for a month, looking at me as I bypassed it for others in the humidor. Last night I decided it was time for me to "Drop a Root."

I was initially afraid as I was truthfully unsure if this was an infused cigar like the Acid line. I had a very bad experience with a Kuba Kuba, that is why the Root stayed in the box for so long... I guess I was punishing it.

Pre light draw had a typical tobacco taste with a hint of dark chocolate. Not bad.

Lit it up and proceeded to smoke. It had a good Medium feel with no overpowering tastes of anything really... Just a good medium bodied, balanced smoke, with some chocolate and leather tastes. Smoke production was good as well. Ash was more on the white side with good packing and dropped at about 1 1/2". Towards the end the strength did pick up and also picked up a bit of pepper, but that might have just been the heat on my tongue as I smoked it until I couldn't hold it anymore. No overwhelming bite of Vitamin N either.

Overall I was impressed with it, enough that when I have more room in the box, I will pick up a few more of these as well as try a few more from the Natural Line.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never really heard too much about any of the DE Naturals, so I assumed they weren't that great, haha. So, Thanks! It's good to see something about em. I may try one sometime
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I have never really heard too much about any of the DE Naturals, so I assumed they weren't that great, haha. So, Thanks! It's good to see something about em. I may try one sometime
    The little juicy lucy makes a great (and quick lunch break) little mild smoke.