Home Cigar 101

No humidor

I'm just getting started and ordered a humidor that comes with a 10 pack sampler and I'm wondering what I should do with them while I season the humidor? They should be here today or tomorrow. Thanks

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tupperware or ziploc bags
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I use tupperware for my overflow. Easy and cheap......
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    As has been said, tupperware or freezer bags. Don't rush the seasoning just to get the sticks in. They will be ok.
  • Should I put water in there or anything? or just stick em in?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Use a humidification device or water pillows. What will you use for the humi? Beads, gel, etc...
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I use Boveda Packs in my tupperware. 69*. Its a great number.......
  • I'm going to go to the B&M and get something... Beads, gel, or the Boveda Packs, whatever they carry. I also forgot to order a cutter so I'll pick one of those up as well, since I only have a cheap punch that doesn't work very well.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    I use Boveda Packs in my tupperware. 69*. Its a great number.......
    +1 for Boveda Packs. Set and forget for 3 months.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm too late on this one but yup boveda and something that seals and your all good
    Money can't buy taste
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Boveda packs. These things are worth the money.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seasoning is pretty simple just put a shallow dish or shot glass of distilled water in ther give it 3-7 days and you'll probably be good. You'll want to replace the puck that comes with it quick they grow mold like crazy and you'll want to get a digital hygrometer.The analog ones that come with it usually aren't to accurate.
  • Just got my humidor and put a dish of distilled water in it. Will get the digital hygrometer tomorrow. Testing to see if this image will show up. image
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Matt, you need help filling that thing up? PM me you addy.
  • Doesn't seem to be soaking up very much water at all. Have had the same little dish in there over 24 hours and looks to be at the same level. Maybe by morning it will be different.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll probably take a few days at least. I think it's best not to try and rush it... just throw it in and leave it alone for a while check maybe once every other day. You have a digital hygrometer?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4lines:
    It'll probably take a few days at least. I think it's best not to try and rush it... just throw it in and leave it alone for a while check maybe once every other day. You have a digital hygrometer?
    Not yet, I plan on getting one today or tomorrow.