Home Non Cigar Related

Sunrise & Sunset Pics

dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
Often while on the lake I get to see some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I always try to take a few pics to share with friends and family. I thought I'd share some of my pics here as well.

This morning on the lake I was treated with one of the best sunrises I've ever experienced.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Nice
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Sunrise or sunset pics. Everette, WA/ Cordova, AK/ at sea off LA/ Astoria, OR.
  • Now who wouldn't love waking up to a sunrise like that. Thanks for sharing.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I take it these are from vacations or from your house? Either way nicely done and I'm truly jealous, I could see myself enjoying many a cigar from them scenes.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Sunset in Istanbul, Turkey. I took the picture from the roof top of my hotel while smoking a Viaje Oro Reserva #5:
    Photobucket
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Two of the pics are from my home and two are from work. I am in the Coast Guard so I've moved quite a bit and have seen some amazing sun rises and sun sets at sea. At the end of the day smoking a cigar on the fantail of a cutter watching the sun set with a couple of good shipmates is hard to beat.
    Thanks for sharing- sunrise and sunsets are very moving experience.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Same spot, big sur CA last weekend. One with a BPC, other with a VR unicos. imageimageimage
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The last pic is the fire pit where I was standing, my best friend got married there, he's a professional fiddle player so we jammed there all night. The moon was just as good, but my head was a little confused once we got to that point lol. It was nice sharing cigars with the groomsmen and having them pick out the profiles as we sipped glenlivet.
    Beautiful...thanks for sharing Dustin.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Love the sunsets keep 'em coming. Some of the best sunsets I've seen have been in Asia, I have yet to go to south america and the islands.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Many beautiful photos guys. Nice work everyone
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sunrise. I took this from my sailboat after sailing through the night along the coast of Maine:

homecoming sunrise
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sunset. I took this one at Lily Bay State Park in Maine. I like this shot because it isn't the traditional vibrant colors, it's almost all shades of gray:

Lily Bay State Park
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Many beautiful photos guys. Nice work everyone
    Agreed.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    This was with my iphone, but thought they were still kinda cool!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    bigharpoon:
    Sunset. I took this one at Lily Bay State Park in Maine. I like this shot because it isn't the traditional vibrant colors, it's almost all shades of gray:

Lily Bay State Park
    This reminds me of Bellingham Bay in Western Washington. I swear, that looks like the view of the San Juan Islands from a spot I used to go for walks. Many thanks for posting.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taken with my cheapo cell phone at the beach here imageimage
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful sunset pictures on Lake Weiss in Alabama 

Sunrise on Lake Weiss in Alabama 

Me fishing at sunset

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice necro, thanks!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )