Home Pipes

C&D AfterHours Flake

Had a bowl of C&D AfterHours flake last night. I bought the tin about a year ago, cracked it, and left it alone until last night. Tin aroma is fantastic, like good Virginia's are, with a noticeable hint of rum. The flakes are broken, and I picked up some pieces, rubbed them out just a bit, and loaded up. I smoke Virginia's out of a Boswell bent unfiltered briar. This bowl was fantastic. I'm a big fan of C&D virginia's, especially Opening Night. The flavor of AfterHours was really enhanced by the rum, but not in a sickly sweet or artificial kind of way. Just more complex. Highly, highly recommend this blend.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. Love C&D stuff. Have you ever tried Haunted Bookshop? Been wondering about that. I like the C&D Autumn Evening but that is an aromatic. I have tons of mason jars filled with stuff but I have only smoked aromatics for years. This is my season to branch out.
  • I haven't had Haunted Bookshop. I haven't actually had any of C&D's VaPer's. I will have to branch out into their offerings as well.