Home Pipes

How do you?

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
How do you store pipe tobbaco? Is it anything like cigars where it needs a certain humidity or temp, or do the pouches/tins take care of this?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    How do you store pipe tobbaco? Is it anything like cigars where it needs a certain humidity or temp, or do the pouches/tins take care of this?
    James..you're a pioneer. Good luck brother!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I figure the price of a cob and a little tobacco are cheaper than some of the sticks I smoke, why not give it a whirl?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Oh..I thought it was because it will make you look like an International Baller Superstar. Just kidding, I may try and pick it up soon.
    That too. I wanna get the Afgan Pipe smokin pictures
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Cool man, congrats on the new pipe. Just keep the tabacco in something air tight, in a cool place 65-70 degrees. No need for humidity. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm no expert but I may have an answer.
    stad:
    marineatbn03:
    Cool man, congrats on the new pipe. Just keep the tabacco in something air tight, in a cool place 65-70 degrees. No need for humidity. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm no expert but I may have an answer.
    I haven't bought it yet, I did email Andy to get me started. I just figure a pipe would work well here in the winter, it gets pretty bitter. I could smoke it in stages versus a cigar. I figured I would get a cob to start just to see if it is something I can even do.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    marineatbn03:

Mason or Ball type canning jars work the best. You should pack it in but not so tight that it is just brick hard and leave a little room as the top. I like the smaller jelly jars (2 oz, I think), they are easy to store and I get about 10 bowls per jar. Put the lid on tight and forget about it until you are ready to smoke.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mason jars are the way to go. I keep all mine in the "cellar" (basement) as do most guys.