Home Cigar 101

Drimistat question, humidity at 60

So I noticed my RH dopped to 60 in my humi, so I bought 3 drimistat tubes (seeing as there about 60-70 sticks in there now). I filled them up with water and let them sit, put them in there. It's now been two days and I'm still at 60. What gives? And yes, I took off the solid cap and put on the holy one

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    How long did you season your humi?
  • it was my dads and i remember him doing it for a while; like 3 times overnight. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and re-season
    If it was not seasoned properly, you will always have that problem. It could also be from not having enough humidification devices.
  • I just seasoned it, will re season tomorrow night and hope that works. I'll post about it and stuffs
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust those tubes!!
    Money can't buy taste
    JLonsinger2011:
    I just seasoned it, will re season tomorrow night and hope that works. I'll post about it and stuffs
    How are you seasoning it? Not wiping down are ya?
  • i thought that was how you're supposed to do it? I haven't ever seasoned it since I use my pops old one so I just looked it up and did that
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    JLonsinger2011:
    i thought that was how you're supposed to do it? I haven't ever seasoned it since I use my pops old one so I just looked it up and did that
    That's how I did mine..what are we doing wrong, Dustin? Learn us!
  • Seasoned it and lft the tubes in there for about 11 hours, rose the humidity up to 65. I'll do it again tonight.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I was having issues with over humidification, so I scrapped the crappy humidifier that came with the Humidor and have been using gel in the bottom, and 2 tubes up top. Been a perfect 70 RH (digital hygrometer) since.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seasoning is simple. Just put a shallow dish or shot glass of destilled water in your humi for 3-4 days until the RH reaches 70 then to be safe wait a day to make sure it holds and your ready to put in your cigars. The boveda seasoning pals work well also. You can wipe it Dow with a damp cloth but be careful. Too much water can cause the wood to warp or crack.
    JLonsinger2011:
    Seasoned it and lft the tubes in there for about 11 hours, rose the humidity up to 65. I'll do it again tonight.
    check rhamlins post below. Best results is a dish with a new sponge soaked in distilled water 5-7 days IMO. Do not wipe down...it causes mold and warping.
    And wait 3 days before you put the humidification devices in, pull the dish or sponge 2 days before you're done