Home Non Cigar Related

A hard fought battle...

ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
Brothers and sister of the forum, hear me! Those of you with children will understand, those of you expecting children take heed!
You may have had a few scuffles while in school. This belittles the ocassional barroom brawl. Quite possibly you were/are a soldier who has seen combat on the bloodiest battlefields upon our good Earth. But this, yes this, is and shall forevermore be the hardest battle to be fought!

The changing of a dirty diaper on a squirmy, wiry, wriggling six month old child!
Can I get an Amen!!!

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    ...a task made even more difficult when they've been in the jumper for a while.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Brothers and sister of the forum, hear me! Those of you with children will understand, those of you expecting children take heed!
    You may have had a few scuffles while in school. This belittles the ocassional barroom brawl. Quite possibly you were/are a soldier who has seen combat on the bloodiest battlefields upon our good Earth. But this, yes this, is and shall forevermore be the hardest battle to be fought!

The changing of a dirty diaper on a squirmy, wiry, wriggling six month old child!
    Can I get an Amen!!!
    imageimage

A pair as good for parenthood as they were for dating.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Oh wow, I can't believe you just went there, jthanatos, lol.

Totally feel for ya, Toombes!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rookies... You'll get used to it. After you change a few hundred diapers, you'll be able to change that baby with one hand, and eat a Cheeseburger with the other.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't know. Never changed a diaper.
    My boys are 20 and 24 now. Unfortunately, I wasn't around enough to deal with that part of it.
    Luckily, I have a wife who was understanding enough to take care of those things.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Rookies... You'll get used to it. After you change a few hundred diapers, you'll be able to change that baby with one hand, and eat a Cheeseburger with the other.
    Uh... Not recommended.

... and don't confuse the two.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    kaspera79:
    Uh... Not recommended.

... and don't confuse the two.

I'm sick now...
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    0patience:
    Wouldn't know. Never changed a diaper.
    My boys are 20 and 24 now. Unfortunately, I wasn't around enough to deal with that part of it.
    Luckily, I have a wife who was understanding enough to take care of those things.
    +1 Marry a good mother!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live the ones win my 9 month old poops up his diaper and it's all over his back and u can do anything about it. Now that's a good 1
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Just make sure ti jot leave the soils diaper in the changer while u run to yet some wipes from downstairs.....u may return to a baby playing in their poopy diaper....not that I had this happen...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    That's for sure!! It's worse if they're older than you though..
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Diapers are bad, but vomit is worse for me. My 3 yr old walked up to me yesterday and puked all over me, her, and the floor, only minutes after I had finished showering and giving her a bath.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:

Can I get an Amen!!!
    OOHHH YES!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:

Can I get an Amen!!!

I'm currently in battle with an overly aggressive nine month old and his hyperactive two year old sister.
    I love every minute of it!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    PS:
    These are my grandchildren.
    Try it with a few more years under your belt!