Home Non Cigar Related

Keep my father in your prayers!

Hey guys, long story short my father recently got diagnosed with lung cancer. I made the trip up to Pittsburgh to be with him today as he has surgery to remove part of his right lung in about 3 hours now. Me and my brother just arrived an hour ago! If you could keep him in your thoughts and prayers it would be awesome!

Thanks,
David Brownlee

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Done...I wish you the best brother and hope it goes well.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers to you and your family.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this, prayers coming your way.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancer sucks! Praying for your family.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be praying for a successful surgery and for you and your family.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    You got 'em! Prayers up.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for speedy recovery and you and your family.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    David, your Dad and your family are in my prayers, God Bless!
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Thanks guys, it's been a tiring 10+ hours at this point. He started surgery at about 7:30 and was just released from the O.R. to the recovery room about an hour ago. It went fairly smooth. We are waiting till they move him to I.C.U. so we can go visit before I depart back to Cleveland later this evening.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prayers brother, i know how it feels. Best wishes to your dad and your family.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. After dealing with my mother's emphysema, I wouldn't wish lung problems on anyone.
    Thoughts and prayers go out to you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers for your dad, for you, and for your family my friend.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Will be praying for a successful surgery and for you and your family.

+1
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    My prayer to you and your family. Please let us know how it goes.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Wishing the best to your dad. IM in a similar boat, my dads still young at 64 but has been an awful week. Mother woke to him breathing slow but unresponsive to wakeup attempt. After doc tried to send him home from followup my mom insisted they keep him under watch for the night. We found out the next day his heart stopped at 4am and they defibb'd him. Pacemaker now but IM sick to my stomach this week with worry for the man that gave me all I have so I know where you're at. In my thoughts brother.
    blurr:
    Wishing the best to your dad. IM in a similar boat, my dads still young at 64 but has been an awful week. Mother woke to him breathing slow but unresponsive to wakeup attempt. After doc tried to send him home from followup my mom insisted they keep him under watch for the night. We found out the next day his heart stopped at 4am and they defibb'd him. Pacemaker now but IM sick to my stomach this week with worry for the man that gave me all I have so I know where you're at. In my thoughts brother.
    Sorry to hear this Jared, my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers guys, A little update. He is recovering from his surgery well, and was moved from ICU to a regular room the day I left for home. He may be able to return to his home from the hospital tomorrow if one of the tubes in his lungs stops leaking today. He is off most of the heavy pain stuff and has only one iv in now. So as far as the surgery goes things are running smoothly to this point. Once he fully recovers he will start chemo asap as a precautionary measure.
    Figured I would bump this as apposed to starting a new thread. Sadly sometimes life doesn't go our way! A few weeks ago my father had more precautionary pet scans which revealed a new tumor in what was left of his right lung. It came back to the same size in the short time since he had the last surgery... which in short is not good at all. He has surgery again on the 20th to remove whats left of his right lung. Hopefully that will be the last of it!!! Keep him in your thoughts if you would!

Thank you,
    David
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Consider it done, sent out prayer requests to others as well,
    Ongoing best wishes David to you and your family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I hope the next surgery gets everything for good. Best wishes to his health.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done ! And for your family brother.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Prayers to you and yours bro. Hope all goes well with the surgery.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, the medicos are getting good at this stuff. Thumbs up.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Continuing to pray buddy!
    He's just out of surgery now. It took about 4 hours longer than expected, but he's stable. On the upside we took the time to walk around Pitsburgh and stop by some shops a few b&m's etc. I got some nice stuff while we waited so i'll post it with in the next few days.