Home General Discussion
Options

How Many?

On average how many cigars do you have in a week? Just kind of curious....

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    normally 6-10 for me...which reminds me that I'm behind on reaching my quota!
  • Options
    G-ZowG-Zow Posts: 7
    2-4, i've just been so busy the last few weeks, when im not so busy 4-6
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I usually smoke at least one a day. I'd put the number around ten. It depends on how busy I am.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Typically 0-3 depending on what I got going on, weather, etc... Last week I smoked about 15, but I was on vacation.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    1 sometimes, been lazy lately.... I is either too warm out or windy...
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    usually 1-4 still trying to develop my palette i would say. im just experimenting with things!
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    Typically, about 4-5 cigars a week.

But I recently went to Costco, and got a 5lb prime rib that I cut up into steaks, as well as 6 bottles of really nice red wine (well, "really nice" for me).  So lately, it's been more like 10-15 per week... one in the morning while walking the dog, one in the late afternoon after work, and one late at night with some whiskey after I'm all drunk and gluttonous from the wine and steak.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    between 4 and 8. There are somedays when I do not smoke but others where I make up for it and have 2 - 3 in a single day.
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    I'm usually 1-2 a week unless I'm off work. I think that less is more because it makes me enjoy the time I have to relax and enjoy a cigar that much more.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    bout 2-4 a week.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I probably average 2-3 a day. There are some days (very few) where I don't smoke at all, and then there are some days I might smoke 4 or 5. But most of the time it is either 2 or 3, depending on how work goes.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Usually about 1 to 3 a week, but here in the coming weeks, I've got a bachelor party (well, more of a road trip than a party) and one of my best friend's wedding to go to, so I'm probably gonna jump to 1 to 3 a day for a week or two.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    In an average week, I probably burn through about 15 or so. 1-2 a day mon-fri (usually 2), and 3-4 on sat and sun.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    3-6 or so, depending on how many lunch break cigars I have! Me and a buddy will slip out for an hour or so and have a cigar at lunch typically at least once a week. Normally try to have something new on those occasions. I'm pretty regular about having one each night, Thurs-Sunday. Not really sure why those nights, just got in a habit.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Totally seasonal

Winter time Im lucky if I get 1 in a month.

Later Spring through Fall I run anywhere from 0-4 a week.
    4 being on the really high side.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    about 1 or 2.... depending on my difficult work schedule
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Totally seasonal

Winter time Im lucky if I get 1 in a month.

Later Spring through Fall I run anywhere from 0-4 a week.

4 being on the really high side.

Just means we need more offsite lunches....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Offsite lunches and an enclosed, heated smoking space for the winter months.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Summer-8-12 a week ..........Winter-3-6 a week .........
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    2 a day , sometimes 3 on a weekend.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    2-3 durning the week. 4-5 on the weekends. In other words, 6-8.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    not enough as of late
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    1-2 /day during the week, 2-4/day on the weekends. On the ship usually 1 everyother day and on a 3 day port visit...been known to go through about 12-15.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I smoke around ten or so in a given week. Pretty decent for a noob; I have a lot more free time soon, so I expect that number to go up.
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    bnccna2:
    I'm usually 1-2 a week unless I'm off work. I think that less is more because it makes me enjoy the time I have to relax and enjoy a cigar that much more.
    I'm the same. normally one friday and one saturday. unless i have a bad smoke, then, of course, i have to smoke another....that goes without saying though.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    6 to 10 in a normal week.
  • Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    looks like we have some LIGHT wieghts out there , a normal work day for me is 6 maybe 7 at the shop, plus one after breakfast & an other on the way to work & one comming home, that leaves the evening to pick out some thing good for after supper, so on a good day I can get in 10 , on a bad day , NONE, gets a little expencive , at times but I do get a lot of seconds & a few free ones from the manufactures, running a cigar shop helps as I never pay retail for much of anything, BUT before I was running a cigar shop I still smoked a lot of cigars , & switch off to a pipe here & there , & when I was in the Navy it was 80% pipe vs cigars, but now its about 10% pipe , Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Vince O:
    looks like we have some LIGHT wieghts out there , a normal work day for me is 6 maybe 7 at the shop, plus one after breakfast & an other on the way to work & one comming home, that leaves the evening to pick out some thing good for after supper, so on a good day I can get in 10 , on a bad day , NONE, gets a little expencive , at times but I do get a lot of seconds & a few free ones from the manufactures, running a cigar shop helps as I never pay retail for much of anything, BUT before I was running a cigar shop I still smoked a lot of cigars , & switch off to a pipe here & there , & when I was in the Navy it was 80% pipe vs cigars, but now its about 10% pipe , Enjoy, Vince
    I'm not so sure it's lightweight smokers, but lightweight pockets. I know I fall into the latter. If I could afford it, I'd smoke at least 4 a day - 1 on the way to work, 1 at lunch, 1 on the way home, and 1 after supper. But smoking a box a week is not in my budget, not even close. So, for right now, about 4-5 a week is where I have to stay. You could always help me graduate to the next weight class by sending me some of those freebies, haha!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    6-8 per day, sometimes more... I'm self-employed, and I always keep a cigar lit in the shop. I smoke the cheap 50 bundle cigars in the shop, but I sometimes sneak over to the local cigar shop at lunch and buy a couple RyJ reserve maduros for an after lunch smoke.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    6-8 per day, sometimes more... I'm self-employed, and I always keep a cigar lit in the shop. I smoke the cheap 50 bundle cigars in the shop, but I sometimes sneak over to the local cigar shop at lunch and buy a couple RyJ reserve maduros for an after lunch smoke.
    Finally, another RyJ smoker... I thought I was the only one for a while.