Home Cigar 101

300 ct Humi- Any Suggestions?

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
I am trying to find a good 300 ct that won't break the bank, problem I am running into is that it is hard to find reviews on humi's. Anyone have any suggestions on decent ones?

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I bought the Diablo, as its called at sis. Here its under Evanston Diablo Humi. I've been thouroughly pleased, has 2 nice accessory drawers on the bottom, and 2 large rect. humidifiers. I just opened those humidifiers, ripped out the green foam, and dumped beads in. They have to lay flat one top one bottom, but the humidor is awesome. Tons of room, maybe I have 150 to 200 in there. But I don't do the BS 6x60 garbage manufacturers are trying their best to convince us is where its at, so I buy only coronas, robustos and maybe torps. You should be able to fit 200 pretty handily. Only downside is this same humi was $109 about a year ago when I bought it. All in all I'm happy with it.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    I bought the Diablo, as its called at sis. Here its under Evanston Diablo Humi. I've been thouroughly pleased, has 2 nice accessory drawers on the bottom, and 2 large rect. humidifiers. I just opened those humidifiers, ripped out the green foam, and dumped beads in. They have to lay flat one top one bottom, but the humidor is awesome. Tons of room, maybe I have 150 to 200 in there. But I don't do the BS 6x60 garbage manufacturers are trying their best to convince us is where its at, so I buy only coronas, robustos and maybe torps. You should be able to fit 200 pretty handily. Only downside is this same humi was $109 about a year ago when I bought it. All in all I'm happy with it.
    x2 and pm sent
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have thought about that one, it looks nice which is a must since it will sit out in the open. I was reaching for the 300 ct because I knew it would only hold about 150-200 which would be about all I would ever have a need for, plus I have a cooler as well. The goal is to use my current 50 ct for the more HTF stuff and ISOMs. Thanks blurr, this was helpful.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I have the Diablo as well. It's been great! PM to you
    Replied gents, thanks for the info. I think it has solidified my choice.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw i just use the large boveda paks in mine, no more foam types
    I get rid of the foam, they are mold magnets
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    +1 to everything said above. I also have one and couldn't be happier. Take what JJ says through PM's to heart becuase I believe he probably copied what he sent me when I was pondering the thought of buying this humidor. JJ never lets a brotha down. Enjoy!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziplocs + Boveda packs = YAY!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    Doesn't go well with the wifes decorating motif, silly Daniel
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Sprinkle a little candy corn on top, TaDaaaaa!
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    How did that go with your wife again?
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    :(
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    :(
    Lol, mine would be the same
    I'm in the same boat as you are. I have a few Ziplocs and tupperdors that I would like to move in a new Humi.
    yes, you need a bigger one to put my name in
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    blurr:
    Love this humidor. I was able to find one that was just too good to pass up. Pull the trigger my friend, you wont be disappointed one bit :D
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Scotsdale endtable humidor. Works great, looks sharp and I can see my cigars without opening it. Holds around 180. The only down fall is it just has the one drawer to hold all your sticks. But it's got a shelf for your supplies and another small humi fits nicely.
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Related question: based on reviews here I think the Diablo is the direction I want to go. Searching around the net I found a great deal on a humi that looks exactly like this one but not named. Is it safe to assume that a humi that LOOKS like this will be the same one? Can several companies make the same general look with vastly inferior materials? I know this is possible in most products but not sure how many humi makers are out there and if there are counterfitters that will duplicate a humi with crap materials. Part of the diescription I found stated this: "In order to provide savings for our customers and get the same value, portions of our humidor interior are made of cedar wood. Once the humidor is closed everything inside is sealed. The cedar smell will remain in the box giving positive effect on the flavor of your cigars. Therefore there is no need to make the inside of the humidor completely of cedar. If you research cigar humidors, there is no 100% cedar humidor. All manufacturers use the same method to make their humidors. The reason our prices are much better than other sellers is because we have our own manufacturer and make our own products. We also sell our humidors to few of biggest retail chain stores in United States and Europe. That's why we get good items at lower prices. We do not buy our products from other middle men and we pass the saving on to our customers. We hope this helps and please feel free to email us with any other questions or concerns that you may have." Can that be right? This leads me to believe that this is a cheap copy but maybe this is commonplace. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Someone of more knowledge correct me if I'm wrong, but Spanish cedar is used in humidors not for the smell of cedar but from its humidity-retaining qualities. So if they're pawning it based on the fact of it smells like cedar, I'd steer clear if it were me. Also, they only say cedar in their description; never once mentioning Spanish cedar (which is actually of the mahogony family, not cedar). As someone once put it quite frankly: you spend a good amount of money buying your collection so why skimp and take shortcuts on protecting your investment? If it were me, I'd shell out a little more cash and get something you can rely on from a reputable source. Just my two cents. I could be completely wrong though so take it for what it's worth. Hope it helps!