Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva Inferno?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got one of these Oliva Inferno promo cigar.
I don't know anything about it or why I even received it.
Has anyone had one of these or know about them?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Haven't had one yet, but they are getting pretty positive reviews and I've been told they are darn good especially at the price point. Its an online retailer exclusive so I won't mention any competitors but if you can't find the place just pm me. If you like Oliva you will like it I've been told.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah been seeing these around but never pulled the trigger...I find the one retailers exclusives have a lot of burn issues. They do have one I liked but not worth the price to me. Let me know what you think of it though...they have been trying to push these for a while now
    Money can't buy taste
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I am hooked on the Torano Signature series, thats about the only exclusive I Always keep a box minimum in stock. Never had any issues with them burning wonky, but I don't stock many other exclusives. Will definitely try a 5 pack of these eventually though. I've heard others say some low-cost Olivas have striking similarities to say the Serie V (nica libre potencia) or something like that.
  • DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I sampled one. Now, I'm clear on the fact that trying one cigar really does not provide a very good basis for an opinion, but one is what I had, so here goes.... This is a slightly more than medium bodied cigar. Not a lot of complexity (which in no way spoils a cigar for me). No burn issues at all, construction is top notch. Once you have lit it, you can forget it. The Inferno offers a Nicaraguan profile of spiciness overlaying a good tobacco flavor. It is a perfectly decent cigar, but to my taste, not a truly memorable one. That being said, I would clearly recommend that those who like this profile give one a try, it might suit you to a T.