Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I leave the professional reviews to guys like Kuzi, Rob and Razman.

I've smokes one when they first came out and thought it was a fantastic cigar, I had one more sitting in my humi and fired it up last night. Probably had about 8 months on it. This thing is an awesome smoke and even better than I remembered!! For all the Tatuaje whores out there, this one seems to not get as much attention as the really limited edition stuff.

Chocolate, expresso, creamy with a bit of pepper...I was ready to take a bite out of it! Great burn, only had to do one touch up and one relight. Relight was my fault as I had to go inside for a few minutes.

6x38 size and I'm really starting to like cigars that are about 52 and under in ring size and have completely gone away from the monstorous 60 gauge cigars.

Sad to realize I didnt have any more left as I could say this is one of the top 10 cigars I've smoked. Well well, went to my B&M and snagged the last box they had sitting. Kind of reassuring when the person working there compliments the box selection. Could be just cause I got a box or to make me feel better, but all I know is that the smoke is wonderful.

9 out of 10 rating for me!

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Other thing, I know every ones taste is different but the ccom description on this smoke is way off to me. But then again, I'm only still a noob at this
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    nice review... I remember this one... the first inch or so was very "eh" for me, but if blasted off from that point on... I agree that it doesn't get enough attention and the vitola is great... in fact, I think I need to get a few more...

have you tried the black in the torpedo? I have on from CRA and one from the Ccom Xmas sampler from a few years back... should probably give that one a look...

this is probably a kuzi question and I only ask because I am lazy, but is this the same blend as the black tubo? for some reason I feel like it isn't, but I can't recall...
    robbyras:
    nice review... I remember this one... the first inch or so was very "eh" for me, but if blasted off from that point on... I agree that it doesn't get enough attention and the vitola is great... in fact, I think I need to get a few more...

have you tried the black in the torpedo? I have on from CRA and one from the Ccom Xmas sampler from a few years back... should probably give that one a look...

this is probably a kuzi question and I only ask because I am lazy, but is this the same blend as the black tubo? for some reason I feel like it isn't, but I can't recall...
    yes, I have a box of the black tubos, but I like this one more. The black tubo to me was just too much pepper/spice from the start. I'm not sure about the blend, but it could be the same. I did also read that this is the same blend from the original black jar release which ppl are selling for $22 per smoke. I think just the sizes are different.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love anything and everything Lancero however I like the Tubos better. To me though, the petite Lancero is the perfect size.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely my favorite Tatuaje, at least that I have had so far. I really liked the tubo, but the petite lancero is REALLY good. And the fact that they are still available is awesome.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ok this review sounds pretty darn delicious. anyone have a couple they can trade with me for? I got plenty of stuff... I'm sure I'll find something that is up your alley
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    i may have actually included one in the package i sent you the other day...if i didnt pm me and I will for sure
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing is...it's still available...I'm starting to hate on the flash in the pan style. Give me something that I can revisit someday. Thanks Roman
    Trident:
    i may have actually included one in the package i sent you the other day...if i didnt pm me and I will for sure
    right on. thanks Roman. you're always really good at looking out for lovers of panda express
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    jliu:
    Trident:
    right on. thanks Roman. you're always really good at looking out for lovers of panda express
    If Roman (CigarChat prize winner btw) didn't hook you up, I'll get you one next time we herf... YA HEARD!
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Nice to see another moving to smaller ring guages. The thing that most confuses me is ALL regular smokers will quickly side with coronas lances and lonsdales (50 rg or less) and you read the current expert picks writeup where alex says something along the lines of 'it looks like the market trend is going more toward large rg sticks'. Why, are we as smokers basically being pushed the ridiculous 6x60 gimmick if most consumers don't like it? I just assume the manufacturers believe they can tell us what to smoke. Is this because its easier to make complex blends and flavors with bigger rg and hence more leaves? I know what I will buy more of until the NC mfgrs wake up and end this nonsense of jawbreaker ridiculous size cigars. End rant, I just get mad being told the market is trending away from what most daily smokers prefer.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Nice to see another moving to smaller ring guages. The thing that most confuses me is ALL regular smokers will quickly side with coronas lances and lonsdales (50 rg or less) and you read the current expert picks writeup where alex says something along the lines of 'it looks like the market trend is going more toward large rg sticks'. Why, are we as smokers basically being pushed the ridiculous 6x60 gimmick if most consumers don't like it? I just assume the manufacturers believe they can tell us what to smoke. Is this because its easier to make complex blends and flavors with bigger rg and hence more leaves? I know what I will buy more of until the NC mfgrs wake up and end this nonsense of jawbreaker ridiculous size cigars. End rant, I just get mad being told the market is trending away from what most daily smokers prefer.
    It's important to remember that "we", the cigar forum regulars, are not the average cigar smoker. The reality is that tons of people buy the larger ring gauges. Those people also tend to not be the big enthusiasts like the average cigar forum member. Lots of people just go for the mafia/gangster look of a huge cigar. Manufacturers are making the 60 rg because it sells, not because they are trying to push it on us.
    robbyras:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    If Roman (CigarChat prize winner btw) didn't hook you up, I'll get you one next time we herf... YA HEARD!
    yea son yea MENG. one two three foh foh two one three yea SON yea SON! punch that bag fo sho
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one tat black lancero and it was fantastic. I will have to look for more sometime! It is up there with the brown label tats for me, if tatuaje just made blacks and browns, I'd be happy! Haha
    SleevePlz:
    blurr:
    It's important to remember that "we", the cigar forum regulars, are not the average cigar smoker. The reality is that tons of people buy the larger ring gauges. Those people also tend to not be the big enthusiasts like the average cigar forum member. Lots of people just go for the mafia/gangster look of a huge cigar. Manufacturers are making the 60 rg because it sells, not because they are trying to push it on us.
    Oh the 60's are done with for me. I maybe have one or two NUB's that are 60, but thats it. I just hate puffing of cigars where my jaw starts to hurt after 5 minutes. The largest ones I probably have now are 52 or 54 gauge, mostly toro's or bellicose sizes.

But regarding them pushing it on us, I dont think thats an issue, as you shouldnt buy something you know you wont like and the fact they only did a few cigars in that large gauge. Just stick to the smaller ones as they all offer them. Now go outside and light up a 6.5x60 and enjoy your day cause thats how long it will take you to finish it...LOL!!!
    And if any one wants a 5 pack of these, I dont mind sharing the box I just go. Just pm me for info.
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Posts: 171
    have a few of these resting in the humi, looking forward to lighting one up! thanks for the review!