Home Cigar 101

Boveda Packs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
I'm gifting a small 20ct humi with some cigars for a beginner and thought it best to toss in a Boveda pack. I'm thinking of ordering more than one so my question relates to how long they last if I'm not using them.

I buy 4 packs, toss 1-2 in a humi, and store the remaining two. Do they last the same amount of time and I will need to replace all 4 at the same time or can they be "stored" so once one needs replacing, I can replace it with a "stored" pack? Thanks in advance, James.

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    As long as you don't take them out of the wrapper, they last a long time.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    As said keep them in the wrapper they come with...I also put them in a ziplock and throw it in my cooler just to be on the safe side. But they last a good bit and you can always recharge them when needed
    Money can't buy taste
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    You can recharge the Boveda packs? I never knew that. I will go google this but what's your method to recharge them? Thanks guys.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    You can recharge the Boveda packs? I never knew that. I will go google this but what's your method to recharge them? Thanks guys.
    I've recharged a few myself. They don't last as long, but yeah you can recharge them.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    I put mine in a big ziplock with a dish of distilled water and leave it there for a little it should absorb a good amount in a few days but just keep checking it
    Money can't buy taste
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    james40:
    I've recharged a few myself. They don't last as long, but yeah you can recharge them.
    Yeah...they die quick...
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    How long do these last in general onced opened? We are looking to start using these.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    How long do these last in general onced opened? We are looking to start using these.
    My experience, 3 Jiunns plus.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    I use them in my cooler with some beads and they last anywhere from 3-6 months.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    WhoDeyGal:
    I use them in my cooler with some beads and they last anywhere from 3-6 months.
    In theory, they should only dry up as moisture leaves the enviroment, so the tighter your seal and the less you open your humi/cooler, the longer they will last. My last batch are at 4 months, and are just starting to dry out.
    If you buy the 65's and put beads in with them they last a while!! Mine are going on 6 months and looking good so far. My 69's in my regular humis last around 4 but I recharge them when they get halfway down
    Money can't buy taste
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Just ordered the 69's. Wasn't sure which ones between the 65 and 69. We have beads to go with.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use the large size 65% and they last about 4-6 months or more for me