Home Ratings & Reviews

Pinolero

Fired one up rott and even though it may need a little dry boxing, flavors are pretty damn good. It's got a syrupy sweetness and wood flavor with a consistent but not overwhelming pepper underneath. Pretty full bodied. Gonna leave my other 9 to acclimate for a bit. Another hit for AJ I would say

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I've been really interested in these. Thanks for your thoughts. Now to see if I can locate a reasonably priced 10 pack to put to rest.
  • Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    I smoked one of these last weekend at the B&M. I was pretty impressed. I'd definitely recommend them.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    This just reminded me to complete my order with Andy lol
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Excellent! The last time I looked, they weren't avaliable yet. Hey, I've got a birthday comming up! I'll just gift myself some of these.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Excellent! The last time I looked, they weren't avaliable yet. Hey, I've got a birthday comming up! I'll just gift myself some of these.

A birthday... Ya don't say?
    I've been eyeballing these but haven't pulled the trigger since I was informed that I have one or two on the way.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a normal aj stick!! Cuban well I wouldn't go that far but good yes it is!! It started with a little spice and hints of wood. It then became present with a sweet nutty taste with hints of licorice. It's final was a pic up of a nice dark coffee/expresso. This stick remained smooth till almost the nub and gets a little harsh. IMO it's not a great candidate for long term aging but a year won't hurt it. It was a med body to me and it had nice subtle hints of flavor. It reminded me of a well rested cohiba red dot...but that's just my opinion
    Money can't buy taste
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I grew up in a town called Pinole...
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I grew up in a town called Pinole...
    Oh gawd... that means.... Pinolero is people.

Delicious, delicious people.
    Had another one of these today...I like it! For what is is its a major change from Aj's normal filler blend and I'm very delighted about that!! For the money it's good but nothing amazing.
    Money can't buy taste
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review Lee. I have two and will smoke soon. I hear mix review about it - hit or miss.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Had another one of these today...I like it! For what is is its a major change from Aj's normal filler blend and I'm very delighted about that!! For the money it's good but nothing amazing.
    rzaman:
    Thanks for the review Lee. I have two and will smoke soon. I hear mix review about it - hit or miss.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Try them out...like I said its not amazing but a nice change for aj!! I wouldn't buy boxes lol but I'd buy a single here or there. Definitely intrested on your thoughts of it since your pallet is much better then mine!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    This is not a normal aj stick!! Cuban well I wouldn't go that far but good yes it is!! It started with a little spice and hints of wood. It then became present with a sweet nutty taste with hints of licorice. It's final was a pic up of a nice dark coffee/expresso. This stick remained smooth till almost the nub and gets a little harsh. IMO it's not a great candidate for long term aging but a year won't hurt it. It was a med body to me and it had nice subtle hints of flavor. It reminded me of a well rested cohiba red dot...but that's just my opinion

I have to go along with Lee for the most part. This is definitely not your typical AJ blend. Smooth and creamy with lots of woody(cedar and light oak)undertones. I can't say that I got the espresso, more of a light creamy latte for me. I'd call it a solid medium bodied stick. Box worthy? Yeah, I'd probably pick up a box to put back for 6-12 months. I'll be picking up some more.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I got one in my C.com "Best In Show." I must say that I wasn't overly impressed by it. It was perfectly okay, with nice spices, but I wouldn't say it was outstanding. Certainly not worth the hype around it. Then again, I thought Ramon Bueso was overhyped as well, so clearly I'm in the minority.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This one has been on my must try list since its debut.