Home Non Cigar Related

Official Truck/Car Project Thread

Well I absolutely love cars. I've had this 09 F-150 XLT 2WD since I was 17 (Had 3 jobs since to keep the payments up, haha) and love modding it. The day I brought her home.

Since have added:
Flowmaster 40 Series SIDO Exhaust
K&N CAI
20% Front side window tint
Nerf Bars
Harley Davidson Heads and Tails (Made the heads myself)
Lariat Grille
Fog lights in the bumpers
Tow Hooks
2 inch Autospring leveling kit
ProComp add a leaf
Kicker 12 inch sub
Planet Audio 1500 watt amp
33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
18 inch Monsters

And that's it for now, I'll post pics as it comes along. So go ahead and post or projects here!

Here she is today before I installed the add a leaf kit, I'll post more pics tomorrow!

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siiiiick.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    This is my 2012 Dodge Avenger R/T. All I've dine is had the windows tinted. I'd like to change the exhaust and maybe do black rims. Not really any money right now to justify those wants, though. No Tint image Tint image
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Had my car on another thread also, but here it is in Calif the day I got it, and after a full restoration. It was in great shape, but the color was off, and I wanted a more classics look.

Before

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

After

Now the under 40 crowd can tell me how they liked the old rims better :)

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    pross:
    Had my car on another thread also, but here it is in Calif the day I got it, and after a full restoration. It was in great shape, but the color was off, and I wanted a more classics look.

Before

After

Get some spinners! She sure is perty, Pross.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    While not really a project, here is my love:
    I traded this Lincoln in for the Hummer. This was one of the only Lincolns I had seen lifted
    I always wanted an H2 and found a good deal on one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Here's my baby, after just getting painted and adding steps. I plan on upgrading the exhaust for towing and perhaps an intake and upgraded fuel lines.
    02 Sierra 2500HD 6.6L Diesel with 110k miles.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Here's my baby, after just getting painted and adding steps. I plan on upgrading the exhaust for towing and perhaps an intake and upgraded fuel lines.
    This pic is soooooo fake. James, you live in Chula Vista Ca. Where did all that white stuff come from??? lol
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    danielzreyes:
    james40:
    This pic is soooooo fake. James, you live in Chula Vista Ca. Where did all that white stuff come from??? lol
    I drove it to Utah to visit my brother. He works at Solitude and that's right below the parking lot. :-) First time 4x4 in snow=awesome.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    2001 Jeep Cherokee 'Police Package' (10in rear brakes, vinyl flooring, ls rear diff, heavy duty suspension, external tranny cooler, np242j t-case) 147k, tinted windows, 2in bb spacers & shackles, hella 500 driving lights, 235/75/15 all terrains on 15x8 Ultra Motorsports Rouge wheels, JVC KD-R530 cd player, 6.5in kicker 2-ways in doors, 6.5 rockford fosgate 3-ways in the soundbar in the back.

Last Winter-

When my e-fan blew up...
  • Nice, love jeeps. THis is after the add a leaf installation today.

nice, i was going to get an AAL but i think im going to go with the Rough Country Shackle Relocation kit (http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_1117.html), they should give me 1 - 2in of lift and a much better ride thanks to a better shackle angle.
  • Nice, I'm going to get some blistein 5100's for the back. I had just the level in the front and it looked good, but the back felt like the wheels looked too "stuffed" in the back wheel well. Sits perfect for me now
    i wish i could afford the 5100's, but i need a better paying job for that, lol. im going for the opposite look, hoping to have the front a tad taller than the rear but im going to avoid going up 4+in as that would require me getting control arm$
  • I feel you, I have a friend who races NHRA and can get me quite a discount on jegs, so I'm saving up for the blisteins. ALthough, sky jacker makes some nice, cheaper shocks i could get
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    pross:

Before

After

'67? Sweet ride. While I will admit that I like the look of the Cragar rims, I really dig that you took it back to more accurate trim rings and center caps. My oldest daughter's Grandmother has a '68 SS convertible. Incredible car to cruise the strip in when I still lived in Tampa.
    Thanks, it is a 67. When I brought it back from Cali, I decided to tear it apart to get everything 100%, and I just couldn't see leaving the aftermarket rims and tires on.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Score one for the Redneck!! LOL! I'm still scrimping my milk money and looking for my dream car. Nothing serious... '71 GTO "Judge" droptop. I found one a few yrs back, but didn't have the $55K to drop on it.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ran across this just thought id add it here instead of a whole new thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaJ3w_fAdoI
  • Yeah I saw that in the news, can't wait to go on that highway next year
    Bumping this up, I was looking at some pictures of my 72 k5 that we sold back on the 30th.

lifted on 35 mud tires (pic has 33in all terrains), winch, tube bumpers, rollbars

and i really miss my amigo!

Yay for projects! Working on a sub box for the back of my jeep, just for a little 10 in sub. i spent way too many hours measuring and designing, i got it built and got the fiberglass started but im having to wait till it warms up some till i continue with the fiberglassing and completely seal up the box. Here it is mocked up into place- image
    i really need to finish up that box... i got my KnuKonceptz amp wiring kit in today, and the amp is on its way. I have the 10in kicker sub, but i need another layer or two on the fiberglass before i install it!

I have done a couple of other projects like in the picture below...

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    Bumping this up, I was looking at some pictures of my 72 k5 that we sold back on the 30th.

lifted on 35 mud tires (pic has 33in all terrains), winch, tube bumpers, rollbars

and i really miss my amigo!

cool wheeling photo of the K5,, always liked the K5 and the 78 Bronco, ill see if i can find some pics of my 85 Ramcharger, 4 in suspension lift, 4:10's posi in front and rear diff, np208 transfer case
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    71 Chevelle, coming along slowly, just picked up my 454 from the engine rebuilder, last week, hope to get motor Trans and all related components done this summer
    Looking good. Can't wait to see it completed.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    pross:
    Looking good. Can't wait to see it completed.

+1, Awesome!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    As many of you vets know, I was working at a European dealership where I got to drive whatever the heck I wanted for the last 3 years. I got to drive some really great and powerful cars. Now that I have to have my own car, I chose something easy to modify, reliable, and most importantly, competent on track days. I like to participate in track days and had not done so in very long but recently got back in to it when my brother had his S4 and now his 911 C4S that I've been prepping for track days. Here's the Mini next to my little bros C4S and my Dad's 03 Vette. It's a family affair.

image CLICK THE PICK FOR A QUICK VID

It's slightly modded (supercharger pulley and airbox). After the first track day it was evident that power was ok but traction and braking left a little to be desired. I boiled the brake fluid a little bit and the pads are a street pad only. I drove every corner with the tires howling while modulating the throttle to minimize wheelspin on my track tires. R-compound tires are in order as well as track pads, ATE Super Blue Race brake fluid, and stainless lines. Then its off for more power and suspension. The stock suspension does really well but I need camber adjustment to put more tire on the ground while turning Here she is in street trim

image image image
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Time to bump up another old thread!

Pretty much the entire time I've owned this jeep its had electrical gremelins so I'm going through and redoing some of the wiring. Tonight I'm working on the "big 3" upgrade which in this case will be 3 power and 2 ground wires. I'm going from the stock 14 year old wiring to KnuKonceptz "Kolossus Flex Kable" 4 gauge copper (not copper clad aluminum like I've gotten from the auto parts places in the past) with Techflex Braided Expandable Sleeving in black with a green stripe.
    stock wiring on left, replacement KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex Kable on right

this is the end of the cable, the terminal is crimped underneath at the top of the image. I used heat shrink to hold down the ends of the sleeving and put the little colored rubber pieces that came with the terminals over top.

stuff laid out

I'm also working on redoing all of my aftermarket wiring for the lights and whatnot, I'm adding in an aftermarket fuse block and putting it into a box with relays for the circuits. For the interior I'm making a switch panel that will be good for 6 circuits, panel power on/off and a 1x2 inch led voltmeter.
    Time to bump up another old thread!

Pretty much the entire time I've owned this jeep its had electrical gremelins so I'm going through and redoing some of the wiring. Tonight I'm working on the "big 3" upgrade which in this case will be 3 power and 2 ground wires. I'm going from the stock 14 year old wiring to KnuKonceptz "Kolossus Flex Kable" 4 gauge copper (not copper clad aluminum like I've gotten from the auto parts places in the past) with Techflex Braided Expandable Sleeving in black with a green stripe.
    stock wiring on left, replacement KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex Kable on right

this is the end of the cable, the terminal is crimped underneath at the top of the image. I used heat shrink to hold down the ends of the sleeving and put the little colored rubber pieces that came with the terminals over top.

stuff laid out

I'm also working on redoing all of my aftermarket wiring for the lights and whatnot, I'm adding in an aftermarket fuse block and putting it into a box with relays for the circuits. For the interior I'm making a switch panel that will be good for 6 circuits, panel power on/off and a 1x2 inch led voltmeter.