Home Cigar 101

tobaccotosis

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
A good cigar lasts but an hour and a half, however the flavor lingers the rest of the evening. A good stinkfinger keeps me sniffing for hours. And I love a tasty morningmouth with my breakfast espresso latte -- enjoying Lot 23 morning mouth with Peru's finest right now. Yum.

Alas, The One Who Must Be Obeyed hates morning mouth. It has come to the point where TOWMBO is issuing ultimatums. This cigar smoking is interdicting my morning kissy-face. I go to grab a double handful and nibble a lobe, and all I get is complaints. Can't have that.

I have little hope there is any way to placate TOWMBO. After all, this cigar smoke gets infused into your flesh. It's not merely a surface coating. It comes up from my lungs, down from my sinuses, out of my tongue, not a mere matter of brushing my teeth. Furthermore, were I to eliminate aftertaste, stinkfinger, and morningmouth to placate her, that would whack the living crap out of my enjoyment. Nevertheless, I must ask:

Any clue how to slay tobaccotosis?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    quit smoking.
    but why the hell would you wanna do that?

there will always be some residuals but brushing well does help. brush the tongue, under the tongue, the gums, the inside of your cheeks and anywhere in your mouth you can.

there is also mouthwash for smokers that could help.
    saliva will help break down the oils so make sure you eat something and brush again.

...or find a new wife.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    quit smoking.
    CHEETOS H CRIPES!

Gave me an out of body experience there for a moment.

I gotta get a better guru.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    If YOU stink try skipping the ear lobe and go directly to where SHE stinks. Always a good move and I doubt she'll complain.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about eating or drinking something with citrus fruit after smoking.
    OJ, mojito, lemonade ... take your pick. But shouldn't the acidity(?) help neutralize the cause of cigar "morning-mouth stink" ??

(pretty sure I read this somewhere on the forums previously).....

If not, bigharpoon's suggestion seems like it's worth a try too. LMAO

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    This is why I am sadly only able to smoke 1 to 2 cigars per week, among many other factors. If its been a few days and I'm in need of something, I just don't smoke that day. Or if you must smoke, smoke earlier in the day, then in the evening get a hella-scrubbed shower, wash your hair, brush your teeth thoroughly, and put on some fresh clothes. THeres no where else for the smoke to linger unless you're inhaling it into your lungs.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    For me, popcorn after a smoke works well. Then I bush (I also use a water pick with a few ml of Listerine mixed with the water). Often I will have an ice tea or something else then bush again. No complaints.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Use the soap with the little balls in it, pomegranite specifically, for showering it's awesome. I've been wanting to try tomato juice Davis as a good friend at the B&M swears by it. He spends his days at the B&M educating us young uns and smoking cigars all day so I'd guess it works. His reasoning, it gets the stank of a skunk of ma dawg, should work in ma mouth and it tastes good with vodka.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    If YOU stink try skipping the ear lobe and go directly to where SHE stinks. Always a good move and I doubt she'll complain.
    Makes the cigar taste fishy.

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    webmost:
    bigharpoon:
    Next time tell here you needed to smoke a cigar to get rid of that other smell. LOL Then you won't have a wife bothering you.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    webmost:
    bigharpoon:
    Next time tell here you needed to smoke a cigar to get rid of that other smell. LOL Then you won't have a wife bothering you.
    Yes, but those pesky alimony payments will be bothering you.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I have found a sufficient quantity of bourbon will fix breath issues. Especially if she is the one drinking it.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could enjoy a little "alone" time. Then your hand wont be the only thing that smells of cigar....

Joking......
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    I have found a sufficient quantity of bourbon will fix breath issues. Especially if she is the one drinking it.
    This is good lol I tried with my ex to get her to smoke the small flavored crap...she can't complain when she's got some stogie stink as well!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    A good cigar lasts but an hour and a half, however the flavor lingers the rest of the evening. A good stinkfinger keeps me sniffing for hours. And I love a tasty morningmouth with my breakfast espresso latte -- enjoying Lot 23 morning mouth with Peru's finest right now. Yum.

Alas, The One Who Must Be Obeyed hates morning mouth. It has come to the point where TOWMBO is issuing ultimatums. This cigar smoking is interdicting my morning kissy-face. I go to grab a double handful and nibble a lobe, and all I get is complaints. Can't have that.

I have little hope there is any way to placate TOWMBO. After all, this cigar smoke gets infused into your flesh. It's not merely a surface coating. It comes up from my lungs, down from my sinuses, out of my tongue, not a mere matter of brushing my teeth. Furthermore, were I to eliminate aftertaste, stinkfinger, and morningmouth to placate her, that would whack the living crap out of my enjoyment. Nevertheless, I must ask:

Any clue how to slay tobaccotosis?

Brush and gurgle with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda or get arm and hammer baking soda toothpaste and add some HP to it. Works wonders and is cheap. Hit the $1 store. Oh yeah for the fingers and mouth nothing works better than dawn concentrated, it really gets the oil out. In fact, they use it to remove oil from birds during oil spills it is so good. Just my $0.02.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1. I always eat chocolate and sometime ice cream after smoking a cigar then brush my teeth then use regular mouthwash. The problem is it is not possible to clean the back of the tongue with a tooth brush unless there is a acrobatic toothbrush. The residuals comes from there. Well, my wife used to complain but now stopped. I guess, she understands how much I love smoking. My profession is very demanding and stressful and cigar calm me down. I believe she understands that. However, before the special event I try not to smoke LOL. However, there is no 100% cure from residual I believe. However, I would like to know from Kuzi what mouthwash is out there for smokers which really works. I need some.
    kuzi16:
    but why the hell would you wanna do that?

there will always be some residuals but brushing well does help. brush the tongue, under the tongue, the gums, the inside of your cheeks and anywhere in your mouth you can.

there is also mouthwash for smokers that could help.
    saliva will help break down the oils so make sure you eat something and brush again.

...or find a new wife.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    OJ always works the best for me. My better half doesnt complain much, but that's probably because she's still waiting for that ring.