Home Non Cigar Related

Bread and Circuses

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
A CNN news feed sent me this overnight:

Sirens blaring across parts of Hawaii urged residents to seek higher ground, as a tsunami -- triggered by a sizable 7.7-magnitude earthquake in western Canada -- headed toward them.

Waves between 3 and 7 feet are expected to lash the islands, beginning about 10:28 p.m. local time Saturday (4:28 a.m. Sunday ET), the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said.

"Basically this tsunami is pointed right at us," said Gerard Fryer, senior geophysicist at the center.

The impact could last for hours.

I love this part: "Waves between 3 and 7 feet are expected to lash the islands..."

Break out the boogie boards.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    LOL, so in other words, in a couple of hours it will be as if it never happened, hahahaha!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sister who lives on the Big Island reported "ankle slappers" ... waves one point six feet (1.6'). How do you even measure that in a place where the waves are often thirty feet?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    No idea bro, but as we all know, if there's not news, then some reporter/network/etc will create some for us! LOL