Home Cigar 101

Small fan

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Where is the best place to buy those little small fans I have seen in some of your guys humi or coolidors?

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    They are computer fans so any electronic store or even better deals at newegg.com
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I buy them on eBay you can't get 12 for pretty cheap!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys
    Just a heads up if you plan on using the fans use them for larger humis!! They will boost the rh up and it's harder to control in a smaller humi. If you only have a smaller humi make sure it's not pushing a lot of air around!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    At what size should a fan be considered? Are we talking 300 ct or 1000?
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I have one in my coolerdor, i have it wired to a usb cord which is wired into a timer which has it running 50% of the time. The fan was bought at a local used computer store, i probably could have gone dumpster diving and found one if i really tried.

That's a cool little setup. I'm not sure i need 1 sicnce i have 1 on my humidifer. May buy 1 anyways. Thanks Guys
    Glock I'd look into it your new humi is tall...it will help get even humidity!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your tower is very similar to mine. The fan is a good idea. I had to put one at the bottom of mine, because the humidity was higher at the bottom, than the top. You may want to consider putting 3 hygrometers in it. One at the bottom, one in the middle and one at the top.
    And double check the hygrometer that is in the top. Mine was off by 10%.
    And if it came with an electronic humidifier, you may want to consider removing the foam and putting beads in it. I hate foam, so I opened my Hydra humidifier and replaced the foam with beads.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Which isn't much. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Your tower is very similar to mine. The fan is a good idea. I had to put one at the bottom of mine, because the humidity was higher at the bottom, than the top. You may want to consider putting 3 hygrometers in it. One at the bottom, one in the middle and one at the top.
    And double check the hygrometer that is in the top. Mine was off by 10%.
    And if it came with an electronic humidifier, you may want to consider removing the foam and putting beads in it. I hate foam, so I opened my Hydra humidifier and replaced the foam with beads.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Which isn't much. LOL!
    +1
    Thanks guys