Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Reposado 96 conny

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Well this is not really a review but I'd figure I would share my findings with you guys. So it starts off at my lounge that I go to...one of the guys who I gifted a few sticks to said that he has a bunch of the Reposado connys that are about a year old and that I had to try one. Being skeptical about his taste in cigars I still had to say yes I'll try one. He comes in today with this ultra tight Salomon and hands it to me telling me once again this is a very decent cigar!! Well I cut it and lit it with my soft flame...there was one word that came to mind........and that word was RAJI!!!!!! After holding back a cringe of horror I put it in it's grave and said...this is not bad but it is rolled to tight and I can't seem to get a draw. Maybe it was somewhat disrespectful but it now ranks as the second worst stick I have ever came across!! It might even battle for first place since everyone advertises the raji as being horrible and this one as the definition of premium value!! So mr Elmo if the rajis somehow all disappear this is a very solid candidate to replace them with!!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the guy standing there wanting a full report? Hopefully he left and and you quickly dropped it in the tray and asked for ice water with lemon! Lol... What did you follow it up with Lee to get the taste out?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd often wondered about those. Not so much the Connie's but the other two blends. But I was always to gunshy to pull the trigger.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Was the guy standing there wanting a full report? Hopefully he left and and you quickly dropped it in the tray and asked for ice water with lemon! Lol... What did you follow it up with Lee to get the taste out?
    Hahaha yeah he sat next to me the whole time!!! I washed the taste out of my mouth with a daruma...the pepper in those things really helped!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    I'd often wondered about those. Not so much the Connie's but the other two blends. But I was always to gunshy to pull the trigger.
    Yeah I might buy a couple of each just to try...maybe them being a year old wiped out any spice and made what ever was in there really shine!! I was very surprised buy the flavor since it is a aj stick I figured spice would over run it...but no spice what so ever!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Heart broken. But thanks for the warning. I will not be buying 40 of these on sprint sale. I'll have to wait to run across one someday. It'll happen.