Home Cigar 101

Any bead cleaning methods?

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Anyone using heartfelt or conservagel ever devise a safe method for cleaning? After 5 years my conservagel I notice gets a slight almost plastic smell, just for a short time after misting to recharge. It goes away after a few hours so it doesn't bother me. I'm thinking maybe switching to recharging by evaporative means, ie put cup of distilled water to evaporate and recharge that way instead of spraying. Has anyone ever cleaned them in any way, maybe soak in distilled and dry in the oven at a low temp. Or maybe just let them sit out of the humi for a week or so to completely dry out? The smell isn't worrying me but if it gets really strong in the future I may replace them, but I love my conservagel so hate to think of dumping them.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Buy kitty litter....$25 for 8lbs...problem solved
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well saying you have had it for 5 years...hhhhmmmmm maybe just buy some new stuff.
    Money can't buy taste
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Is there a problem with your cigars?
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    no, I guess that's all it comes down to.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    blurr:
    Diamondog:
    no, I guess that's all it comes down to.
    At the end of the day, if you've had them for years, might not be a bad idea to replace them just for the heck of it anyways.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    where is the best place to get kitty litter...online retailer or is it pretty cheap/easy to find in the local supermarket?
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    where is the best place to get kitty litter...online retailer or is it pretty cheap/easy to find in the local supermarket?
    Amazon has a huge bag, just do a search for "kitty pearls". You can "clean" them by baking in the oven, (250 °F) for two hours: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    CAcigarguy007:
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    Amazon has a huge bag, just do a search for "kitty pearls". You can "clean" them by baking in the oven, (250 °F) for two hours: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel
    nice! thanks a bunch