Home Non Cigar Related

More money?

Who had more money In the comic book world ? Bruce Wayne (Batman), Tony Stark (Iron man), or Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)

Comments

• brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I'm going to have to go with Bruce Wayne simply because I've read more Batman then I have Iron Man....not familiar with much of the Green Arrow stuff. Bruce always had more stuff and more expensive toys. Though Tony Stark played the park of a rich man better than Bruce Wayne from what I remember.
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    My only Iron Man knowledge comes from the movie as well, and I agree he plays the rich boy part better, but I don't think Bruce Wayne is the type to flaunt it.

I think Bruce has more money as well. I mean Stark does just defense contract stuff, and as lucrative as it may be, it seems like Wayne Enterprises has their hands in a whole lot of honey pots. Half the stuff Bruce uses in Dark Knight/Batman Begins seems to have been based on some defense contract, and he has toys that seem to be more expensive. (Rumbler, or is it Tumbler?, comes to mind.)

Although Iron Man has Gwenyth Paltrow who'd I'd take over Maggie Glynthal and Katie Holmes any day, so maybe he is "richer"? Hahahaha
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    adamkhalil:
    My only Iron Man knowledge comes from the movie as well, and I agree he plays the rich boy part better, but I don't think Bruce Wayne is the type to flaunt it.

I think Bruce has more money as well. I mean Stark does just defense contract stuff, and as lucrative as it may be, it seems like Wayne Enterprises has their hands in a whole lot of honey pots. Half the stuff Bruce uses in Dark Knight/Batman Begins seems to have been based on some defense contract, and he has toys that seem to be more expensive. (Rumbler, or is it Tumbler?, comes to mind.)

Although Iron Man has Gwenyth Paltrow who'd I'd take over Maggie Glynthal and Katie Holmes any day, so maybe he is "richer"? Hahahaha
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa... I'm hijacking this for a moment... Gwenyth Paltrow over Maggie Gylenhal I understand, but over Katie Holmes??? I don't THINK SO....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    adamkhalil:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa... I'm hijacking this for a moment... Gwenyth Paltrow over Maggie Gylenhal I understand, but over Katie Holmes??? I don't THINK SO....
    Isn't Katie Holmes a Scientologist?...just sayin. :D
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    cholmes8310:
    adamkhalil:

Maggie Gylenhal did a kick ass job, the other 2 can suck it, (well no they can't, just the thought....)
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    cholmes8310:
    adamkhalil:

Maggie Gylenhal did a kick ass job, the other 2 can suck it, (well no they can't, just the thought....)
    Are you nuts?! The entire movie, I couldn't stop staring at her wrinkles and imaging what she'd look like without all that make-up! She looked at least 15 years older than Christian Bale, and I don't even want to think of the hours that her make-up artist must've had to spend on her
    Katie Holmes = hot - hey, maybe I can help *ahem* re-program her over the course of a few nights
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    ok, getting rid of that wall of quotes, but fyi, this is a reply to what yall said...haha. Katie Holmes is probly the hottest, but she loses massive cool points due to the fact that she chose Tom Cruise over ANY ELSE in the WORLD. Obviously she is hot enough to get someone better than that crazy dooshe bag...so Gwen FTW...true story.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, well katie is cute, not hot but has that cute girl look but her acting is crappy. yeah the other is a little older but she can act much better.
  • WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    Forbes actually routinely ranks fictional characters. Tony Stark: 7.9 Billion Bruce Wayne: 5.8 Billion No sign of green arrow though The #1 for the curious is Uncle Sam, with "unlimited" which I think is cheating. The real listed top dog is Scrooge McDuck with 29.1 Billion If you want to look it up it's the "fictional 15"
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Wow, Scrooge McDuck could buy out Batman and Iron Man.
    nsezell:
    ok, getting rid of that wall of quotes, but fyi, this is a reply to what yall said...haha. Katie Holmes is probly the hottest, but she loses massive cool points due to the fact that she chose Tom Cruise over ANY ELSE in the WORLD. Obviously she is hot enough to get someone better than that crazy dooshe bag...so Gwen FTW...true story.
    Yeah, choosing Tom Cruise was a crappy move, but I think he used scientology to brain wash her. I second squirrel's views also - she just needs a few days of "reprogramming" (i think that's how he put it) haha.
    Maggie Glyenthal (no idea how to spell it) is ok but i agree she looked old as heck.

Katie Holmes:
    1. Married Tom Cruise (-10 points)
    2. Is weird herself (- 10 points)
    3. LAZY EYE (-20 points)
    4. She just barely seems cute to me. (+5 points)

Gwyneth Paltrow:
    1. Blonde (+10 Points)
    2. Hot (+10 Points)
    3. No facial defects (+10 points)
    4. Is she english? I'm not sure, but she has a certain mystique (+5 points)
    5. Not married to Tom Cruise (+10 points)

Basically Katie Holmes is weird and her lazy eye adds to the general freaked-out vibe I get from her. We have a top 10 for cigars, i think we need a top 10 of hot movie stars....
    adamkhalil:
    Basically Katie Holmes is weird and her lazy eye adds to the general freaked-out vibe I get from her. We have a top 10 for cigars, i think we need a top 10 of hot movie stars....
    1) Jessica Biel 2) Megan Fox 3) Kate Bosworth 4) Kate Beckinsale 5) Jenna Dewan 6) Angelina Jolie 7) Elisha Cuthbert 8) Danneel Harris 9) Rebecca Romijin 10) Jordana Brewster
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Wafflebob:
    Forbes actually routinely ranks fictional characters. Tony Stark: 7.9 Billion Bruce Wayne: 5.8 Billion No sign of green arrow though The #1 for the curious is Uncle Sam, with "unlimited" which I think is cheating. The real listed top dog is Scrooge McDuck with 29.1 Billion If you want to look it up it's the "fictional 15"

Scrooge Mcduck ??? Hey hey leave my employer outta this !!!
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    come on guys...women aren't objects........................................................SIKE!!! (that's right, im bringing back sike)...
  • WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    gmill880:
    Wafflebob:

Scrooge Mcduck ??? Hey hey leave my employer outta this !!!
    Whats wrong with Scrooge? Here's what Forbes has to say about him Fictional 15 No. 2 McDuck, Scrooge David M. Ewalt, 12.18.08, 06:00 PM EST The moneyed mallard boasts a net worth of $29.1 billion on this year's list of fiction's richest. Net Worth: $29.1 billion Source: Mining, Treasure Hunting Age: 80 Marital Status: Single Hometown: Duckburg, U.S. Education: Cluck U., dropout Despite global financial meltdown, the quacking Croesus saw net worth increase due to record-high price of gold. Mallard Mammon keeps majority of fortune in coins piled high inside Duckburg "money bin," enjoys swimming through piles of his own wealth. Credits continued financial solvency to penny-pinching ways, lack of charitable giving, lucky first dime. Famously frugal: Once fought a bear over $2 worth of honey; traveled back in time to use an expired coupon. Member since 1947.
    cholmes8310:
    adamkhalil:
    1) Jessica Biel
    2) Megan Fox
    3) Kate Bosworth
    4) Kate Beckinsale
    5) Jenna Dewan
    6) Angelina Jolie
    7) Elisha Cuthbert
    8) Danneel Harris
    9) Rebecca Romijin
    10) Jordana Brewster
    Not bad. Although Jolie kinda grosses me out. She is so weird, despite her phenomenal body.

I think i would drop Megan Fox too...Bosworth isn't that great imo either.

I'd have to make room for Jennifer Aniston, Rosario Dawson, Emmanuelle Chiriqui (butchered the spelling, I'm sure), and PENELOPE CRUZ!