Home Cigar 101

Digital Hygro.

nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
I'm looking into getting a new Hygro, but before I spent any money I figured I'd gather some feedback. Is there a digital hygro that is considered the most accurate for the money. I'm looking for something 20-25 bucks. If y'all could point me to one that is regarded as tried and true, I would appreciate. If there isn't a general consensus, just post what you use please. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd go with Xikar...mine works great and calibration is a breeze.
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    I agree about the Xikar. Calibration is very simple.

CK
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'd go with Xikar...mine works great and calibration is a breeze.
    bingo!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I went with the Caliber III, $15 on amazon and no calibration needed. Works like a charm. link

"Long ashes my friends."

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I went with the Caliber III, $15 on amazon and no calibration needed. Works like a charm. link
    I'd still salt test it. I don't care what they claim about its accuracy.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Krieg:
    I'd still salt test it. I don't care what they claim about its accuracy.
    agreed
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Krieg:
    I was thinking of buying one of the Caliber III's, but then I saw that it's not possible to calibrate them - they ship out as-is and there's no adjustment feature at all
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Speaking of adjusting the hygro...Hygroset brand hygrometers include an adjustment dial to set the reading after calibration. I've had good luck with that brand and would recommend that along with the Xikar.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    update, ordered the xikar hygro today. It was kinda tough to find. It seemed like every place I called had run out of them. Thanks for input.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    j0z3r:
    Speaking of adjusting the hygro...Hygroset brand hygrometers include an adjustment dial to set the reading after calibration. I've had good luck with that brand and would recommend that along with the Xikar.
    Both my hygro's are from Hygroset - first one has always performed fine; second one has a wrong temp reading and was a bit loopy to calibrate, but it's a good brand for the price. If you shop for these on amazon.com, you should know there are several sellers who sell these, and prices can differ. I picked up both of mine for $15 from a place called cheap humidors on amazon.com