Home Cigar 101

Humidor with drawers

nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
I'm currently looking at a new humi, but the one I like has drawers instead of a hinged top. Should I be concerned with the seals of a drawer humidor? It seems like gravity helped keep the lid to my hinged humi sealed, but drawers might not seal as well. Anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    Good question I'd be curious to hear responses on this as well.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to see it. PM me the link?
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    PM sent.
    PM to you too that guy.
    Back Atcha. I'd have the same reservations about that humi that you do. I sent you a link to a different one. I'm recommending that exact one just that style, if you are looking for one with drawers.
    I looked at models like that. My concern with those is the drawers. Do they rest on one another or on tracks? If they're just sitting on each other it seems like pulling one out might turn into a clusterf#@! quickly...
    I know some of them are on tracks. I can't speak to that particular one but most I've seen aren't really on a track so much as they have a lip that slides into a groove in the liner of the humi.
    Ok, and the last thing I was wondering, what do you think about ordering a humidor from ebay? Would they have a lower quality product?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Depends on the seller, man. It's ebay. Check their feedback.
    That company you sent me the link to ... yea they are one of the big ebay sellers.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The thing with drawers is the real estate they take up. The drawer themselves and then the tracks and spacing for clearances, being able to open the drawer, it adds up and takes up more room than you think. They seal well enough but for their size they hold fewer cigars, but they can be great.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    nsezell:
    Ok, and the last thing I was wondering, what do you think about ordering a humidor from ebay? Would they have a lower quality product?
    The first humidor I bought sold a large amount of humidors along with lots of other products. They had a 97% positive feedback and were an "excelent seller". Unfortunatly, they sold boxes that they labeled at humidors. I bought a 120 count that was more like a 50 and any sort of seal was a joke. The glass on the lid was even loose. Sending PM.
    PM sent back to you Moose. (they really need an alert or PM sent to email addy function on this forum)