Home General Discussion

Things We'd Like to See

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
Seeing Gott's idea for improving a cutter, I got to thinking what the minds of our members have cooked up to improve things in our corner of the world...namely, all things cigar :D.

1. I want a digital thermomenter/hygrometer that has max/min for both scales, is adjustable after calibrating, and is wireless with a remote sensor.

2. I want a small fan that is DC powered, that I can attach to the lid of my desktop to get some air circulation going inside.

Now, after I had typed this up the first time, I did a search and immediately found some products, but not exactly what I was looking for. I want something with a lithium battery that I can replace. Everything I found was either 12 volt, or the one below is 5 volt. Anyone out there have an idea what a fella would need to do? I dont want to have four triple A's attached inside my humidor to power this thing, but am not sure what coltage a person can get in a button battery, then how to attach it to the leads on the fan.

http://www.nidec.com/ta120dc/ta120dc.htm#

Any thoughts, fellas?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    2. I want a small fan that is DC powered, that I can attach to the lid of my desktop to get some air circulation going inside.
    oust fan.... with a minor modification...

i think you can get better and cheaper ones at radio shack.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'd like to see the damn valves on butane cans & lighters standardfuckingized.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    1, my thermometer/hygrometer has all mentioned but calibration. would be nice to have that. 2, I have a fan in 2 of my humidors. one is a very small fan I ripped off a video card, I ran the power leads to a flushmount socket on the back of my humidor. the other is a fan with heatsink off an old pentium 1 cpu. I left the heatsink on cause it would help air flow out two sides instead of down, was just easier that way. The second one is in my coolerdor, I just ran the cord out the drain hole. both are powered by ac/dc power adaptors. I have tried running the small fan on a 9 volt battery but it drained the battery in a couple days. Would be hard to find a fan that will do what is needed in a humidor and have long battery life. some have used air freshner devices that run on a d cell battery. they last a long time cause the fan only kicks on for a min every 5 or 10 min. but honestly, with just a little work its easy to run power inside a humidor. but of course that would require putting a hole in it!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    ROFL!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see the 5 vegas line have a perfecto size.
  • I'd like to see Heartfelt work with some humidor makers and come out with some models that have either the beads or the sheets somehow "built in" to the design. They could be incorporated into the lift-out trays and/or pull-out holders on the bottom/sides of the humidor. It wouldn't be that hard to do, and would be fairly easy to make removable for recharging.

Also, a battery powered fan designed for desktop humidors for humidity circulation.

Combine these two ideas and package them into a line of humidors and you'd seriously put at least one or two other humidor companies out of business.

Lastly, more humidors in the 250-450 count range. Nah... scratch that... I just need to cave and buy/mod something into a cabinet. Maybe I should check out those wine fridges at Target.
    urbino:
    Most awesome term ever... "standardfuckingized"... urby wins teh intartoobs
    kuzi16:
    Id like to see the 5 vegas line have a perfecto size.
    I'd like to see a lot of cigars with a perfecto size. It's my most favorite-ist shape.
  • Smoke=Fire:
    I want a digital thermomenter/hygrometer that has max/min for both scales, is adjustable after calibrating, and is wireless with a remote sensor.
    +1... It would be awesome to have one so that you could have a sensor in each corner of the humidor as well as on the lid so that it would be easier to monitor humidity in different areas of the humidor. Also, make the display on the outside of the humidor like the CAO Vision box so you only have to open your humi to add/remove cigars or let some humidity vent. Although, in hand with my other two suggestions, you'd probably never need to let it vent.