Home Non Cigar Related

Media Player Help

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I have a desktop computer and my wife has a laptop. I downloaded a tv show from itunes on my desktop computer. I attempted to play an episode, itunes opens it up and plays it just fine. I put the episodes on a thumbdrive and also put them on my wife's computer. I attempt to watch an episode, and windows media player says it can't play the files (they are MP4.) I download VLC media player and attempt to watch them, and I get no picture or sound, the the progress bar moves like it is playing it. Any ideas on how to fic VLC, or another program I can use to watch the episodes?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Download Leawo MP4 free converter and convert it to an AVI format or reformat the MP4 format.
    I run into this a lot for videos for my phone. Sometimes the MP4 format doesn't want to work for Windows Media and reformatting it with Leawo usually corrects it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Tony, I'll try this and see how it works.
    It says "iTunes is required in converting DRM videos. Please install itunes first."
    Oh. It's a digital rights problem.
    When you downloaded the video, there should have been a license file with it. It would have to be transferred to the other computer.

Unfortunately, if you don't have the itunes account loaded on the other computer, you won't likely be able to play it on it. It's one of their piracy prevention things. Leawo Pro converter will convert it, but at a cost.

What movie are you trying to watch?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Season one of Undercover Boss.
    The entire season? Wow. That has to be a huge file.
    I'll PM you some info.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Thanks. Installing iTunes on her computer I can do...it's just annyoing.
    So I put itunes on her computer, and it asked me for MY password. That means the videos are "tagged" with my itunes account name, so only I can watch it. I did not know that...but it sure is dumb.
    Yep. They are tagged to the account that bought the movie.
    Pretty soon DVDs will be going to that. Where you won't be able to play the DVDs on anything but the system that it was purchased for.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Rain:
    So I put itunes on her computer, and it asked me for MY password. That means the videos are "tagged" with my itunes account name, so only I can watch it. I did not know that...but it sure is dumb.
    An iTunes download can play on 5 "authorized" devices. Cost you 30c to convert it.
    Can you unauthorize a device to get one of your 5 back?
    I should have remebered this. I used a Mac as my itunes computer, but it was a desktop and I left it at home when I went to Afghanistan. All I could watch my itunes moves and shows on for a year was my ipod...I was so mad. I had a Windows laptop but had no way to "Convert" them from the Mac to Windows.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Rain:
    Can you unauthorize a device to get one of your 5 back?
    Yes