Home Cigar 101

Oliva Series G's (4 x 38)

biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
I am looking for a shorter smoke to have in the mornings with a cup of bold coffee. Would this fit the bill if you were in my shoes? Any other recommendations?

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. I love the special G maduro. AF Short Story is basicallly the same vitola - everyone goes nuts over that stick. I think it's good but just don't get the amount of hype it receives.

I keep a variety of the AJ coronas on hand too (usually only available in samplers), as well as a few petitte coronas (Obsidian, 5Vegas Miami). I enjoy all of these smaller smokes much more than the cigarillos/cubanitos that come in tins - they are just too small and I don't really feel like I've had a cigar after I finish one of those.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I like the smaller ring myself. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with some of the tins. For example, I love Cohiba pequenos which are very close to this size at 4.1 X 36. Although I think the Oliva's are a larger ring than this but they fit the bill for a quick smoke when I don't have the time. The price is right too at under 2 bucks a stick you can smoke 2 if 1 leaves you wanting more.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I agree with you J.S. on the tins; didn't mean to come off as if I was saying there was no worth in them. Hell, before I really started smoking cigars fairly regularly (pre-humidor days) I smoked them a good bit and actually have a few floating around in the humi now. But for me now, whenever I smoke one I feel like I need a cigar afterwards, if that makes sense i.e. it's kind of a tease I guess. Whereas when I smoke a petitte corona et al, I get a bit more satisfaction.

I think the CAO maduro tins are great, and they actually turned me on to the line which is one of my absolute favorites.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I love me some short smokes, I did not know that Oliva made these. I will have to check them out.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Also check out Est. 1844 No. 50. Pretty much the same size as the short story.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly one of my favorite short smokes is the padron principes and the mf lb short robusto. But a great morning quicky is the cohiba pequinos.
    Money can't buy taste
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Honestly one of my favorite short smokes is the padron principes and the mf lb short robusto. But a great morning quicky is the cohiba pequinos.

I think I am sold on trying the Cohibas.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I think I am sold on trying the Cohibas.
    They aren't bad at all! They even make them in the maduro which is nice. For the price it's hard to go wrong!
    Money can't buy taste
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Tat PCR!