Home Cigar 101

What one brand?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I like a lot of different cigars and I seem to go to Torano cigars a lot.
Lately, I've been seeming to tend to lean toward Torano and Camacho.

Which got me wondering. Which brands do you tend to seem to gravitate to, other than AF, Padron and the obvious ones?

To me, Torano and Camacho seem to both have a really good quality to them.
There are those ones that I like regularly, other than those 2, but a lot of them seem to be hit and miss on the quality.

Anyways, was curious (and bored) and figured I'd post it up.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well since padron is out :( I'd go la aurora or camacho. But seem to fit my likings a lot other then that can't go wrong with davidoff even though I have been having some plugging issues with them recently. But yeah always grab some padrons when I can't figure it out so I guess my choice doesn't count lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought that Padron, AF, Davidoff and the like would be obvious selections.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha yeah they are...but I haven't really been getting anything but padron,la aurora,davidoff,camacho and lfd recently. It's hard not to grab them since they are great sticks and usually always consistent
    Money can't buy taste
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Camacho has been a staple for a long time now for me. It really depends on a lot of things for me and sometimes the old favorites get old but I always seem to come back to RyJ 1875 outside of the ones you have listed.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    davidoff*
    JdN
    LFD
    camacho

those are the brands that i gravitate to.

*one thing about Davidoff...
    it isnt so much that brand, but the blending style. therefore, Avo, and the Griffins and other kelner blends seem to work well for me.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Father by far. The Le Bijou is my go to smoke. I do love the Carlos Torano signature and I always keep them on hand as well.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    My Father by far. The Le Bijou is my go to smoke. I do love the Carlos Torano signature and I always keep them on hand as well.
    Finally, another who loves the Carlos Torano signatures. I keep the torps on hand by the box and they get better every year. My current is a 4 year old box that is so smooth its like butter. 4 of the 5 packs for 60 bucks to restock has me at hello.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I tend to gravitate towards Liga. Such good cigars.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Quesada is killing it right now. Oktoberfest, tres reyna, domus Magnus, Jalapa, Espana, Ezra Zion, q d'
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Im still looking for that one brand. I have been gravitating to my father lately but i cant really afford them and i have smoked a lot of the Ramon Bueso lately.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    JdN by far, I have a whole separate humidor for my JdN's...
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    CAO, fairly good price, pretty darn good cigars.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD. Absolutely amazing.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    While I have not tried a lot of cigars yet I would definitely smoke La Aurora Preferidos #2's forever :)
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say AF is such an obvious choice, it took me a VERY LONG TIME to appreciate their cigars. Now I love them.

Additionally I'd say My Father, La Aurora and Ashton.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Room 101, Liga and La Palina
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Have been gravitating to don Pepin a lot recently but I always go back to AJ. I found something out recently from Kuzi of course. These two blenders pre load their smokes at the beginning for that blast of pepper. I love the harsh retro so I tend to like these cigars. I recently discovered that I can burn a lighter smoke and still enjoy as long as the initial retro makes my eyes water. Lil monster perfect example.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    LFD. Absolutely amazing.

I will agree..... Litto/LFD
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    WaterDemon:
    The JDN Celebracion may be one of the best inexpensive cigars on the market (IMO). I seem to always have them on hand.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    lllusione without a doubt.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    My Father. I seem to always end up with one or two whenever I go to the B&M.
  • Illusione or Tatuaje
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Camacho, Padron, Carlos Torano, Alec Bradley, Zino, Avo, Drew Estates Liga Privada or Illusione.

My one brand is a hard choice. I will say Avo, it's the most I have currently in stock. Then Drew Estates and Zino.
    RCY Cigars:
    Camacho, Padron, Carlos Torano, Alec Bradley, Zino, Avo, Drew Estates Liga Privada or Illusione.

My one brand is a hard choice. I will say Avo, it's the most I have currently in stock. Then Drew Estates and Zino.
    Speaking of Avo...you see teh Cyber Monday deal? 10-$40...done.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

LOL, definitely agree. Haven't had an Avo that wasn't amazing. (Thanks to Joe and Dustin for getting me hooked) Yah, yah, I had to buy it too!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

LOL, definitely agree. Haven't had an Avo that wasn't amazing. (Thanks to Joe and Dustin for getting me hooked) Yah, yah, I had to buy it too!

I missed that, yes, it would have been a done deal for me too....

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

Have you had the AVO Maduro yet?
    It is definitely one I could smoke every day. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Tony, you do realize that though Davidoff is out but Camacho is also owned by Oettinger Davidoff group.

Since Cuban, Padron, Davidoff's are out so my next pick would be La Palina 1896, Little Bill, Zino Davidoff Crown and Emperor Edition, Z NY edition, Viaje Oro Reserva # 5 2010 release.
    0patience:
    I like a lot of different cigars and I seem to go to Torano cigars a lot.
    Lately, I've been seeming to tend to lean toward Torano and Camacho.

Which got me wondering. Which brands do you tend to seem to gravitate to, other than AF, Padron and the obvious ones?

To me, Torano and Camacho seem to both have a really good quality to them.
    There are those ones that I like regularly, other than those 2, but a lot of them seem to be hit and miss on the quality.

Anyways, was curious (and bored) and figured I'd post it up.
    RCY Cigars:
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

I missed that, yes, it would have been a done deal for me too....

RICK...the deal is good until Dec 3rd...PM incoming
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    WaterDemon:
    The JDN Celebracion may be one of the best inexpensive cigars on the market (IMO). I seem to always have them on hand.
    i buy the toro by the box. love those guys.