Home General Discussion

Production Year?

I noticed Cigar Aficionado mentions the production year on their reviews. I am in the very, very beginning of trying to get some smokes together that will age well over a few years, I am also a complete newbie. I intend to document the collection. How can I get the production year, lot, batch, whatever?

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    That would be printed on the box somewhere.
  • Thanks, I see it now. It was hand written with some other stuff, but I can pick out 15/7/11/018/A.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Not all of them have them...I know padron annys have it on the label or on a small slip of paper wedged in the box,Some just don't. Personally just label them the dates they come in to you since that is when "you" start to age them
    Money can't buy taste
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    For some reason many NC's do not include dates/factory codes, not sure why, it's rather unfortunate....
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Diamondog:
    For some reason many NC's do not include dates/factory codes, not sure why, it's rather unfortunate....
    I agree, wish they all did.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Diamondog:

This drives me nuts. NC market seems to not cater to the cares or desires of smokers so...they send a box with no date codes. I like everyone else want this. At what point of losing business to the cuban market will they fix this? Probably never.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    blurr:
    Diamondog:

This drives me nuts. NC market seems to not cater to the cares or desires of smokers so...they send a box with no date codes. I like everyone else want this. At what point of losing business to the cuban market will they fix this? Probably never.
    Lack of box codes will not generate business for the Cuban cigar industry, thats driven by the product....it is abslutely ludicrous though that box codes and dates are not used on every single box....I had boxes and boxes of NC's of the same thing like sharks for example that unless I put the date on it myself I would have no idea what was what, ridiculous...should be a standard, ISO9000 if you will...