Home Cigar 101

Cigar Patching?

ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
I have a question about "Patching" cigars. I was smoking a very, very good Undercrown the other night and noticed what looked very much like a patch.
I was surprised to see this as I wouldnt have thought the maker would do this. It didnt interfere with the experience at all but I've never seen that before in all my very limited experience. Is it normal for rollers to do this?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've never seen that before.. That cigar should have been a "second".
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaaaa actually yes some companies do patch them!! I think this is to do mostly about how many they produce from a certain batch. I've had padron annys with patches on them and kinda wondered the same thing. But due to padrons low output compared to the rest I feel as if they don't throw around as much tabacco to ditch it and restart. It doesn't effect anything but does look odd. But padrons aren't very pretty to begin with. I've never seen it on any other brands till now with you. I just figured the other companies would sell them as seconds
    Money can't buy taste
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had 2 RP both diff cigars that had this. Both diff blend of cigars. The patch was about 1/4" . Peeled them off and saw holes. To me, that's ghetto. I don't smoke RP due to this.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or it could just be a piece of scrap from the rolling table that got stuck.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    A DE smoke with a construction issue? Say it ain't so.....
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I didn't try to peel it off but it did have a shiny Rim around it that led me to believe it was glued. I wouldn't have thought Undercrown would do that. Again, it didn't interfere with the smoke at all. I was just wondering if it was normal. Another learning experience.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn something new every day.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    ehehat:
    Rhamlin:
    I didn't try to peel it off but it did have a shiny Rim around it that led me to believe it was glued. I wouldn't have thought Undercrown would do that. Again, it didn't interfere with the smoke at all. I was just wondering if it was normal. Another learning experience.

You must be used to smoking the older Liga stuff. Welcome to the new improved construction of Drew Estates, and the increased prices you get to pay for the new quality...end joke.