Home Cigar 101
Options

Fun Facts About Nicotine!!!!

Post your Fun Facts about Nicotine !!!

Fact 1: "Nicotine increases the level of neurotransmitters and chemicals that modulate how your brain works."...
acetylcholine
glutamate
and every bodies buddy endorphins !!!

Comments

• Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    jeff_connors:

Fact 1: "Nicotine increases the level of neurotransmitters and chemicals that modulate how your brain works."...

I believe that's part of the reason it's bad for you. It increases the levels of the neurotransmitters and chemicals at an uncontrollable rate.
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    this is true..therapeutic however in some cases...where the release of these transmitters are inhibited through diseases.
    however generally bad for you yes....
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Nicotine is an anti-worming agent.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Nicotine is a great natural insecticide. Chewing tobacco in water sprayed on your garden veggies will kill spider mites and all types of pests.

However, if applied by mouth it's just not effective, and kinda nasty...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    It also acts to extract venom from bee stings. If youre in the middle of nowhere and stung, scrape off the stinger, put some tobacco in your mouth and when it's wet apply it over the sting for about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Nicotine is a great natural insecticide. Chewing tobacco in water sprayed on your garden veggies will kill spider mites and all types of pests.

really, then why is it I always have little nats or mosquitoes around me when I smoke a cigar, they tend to follow me when I am smoking....
  • Options
    Oh my.... "The tobacco smoke enema, an insufflation of tobacco smoke into the **** by enema, was a medical treatment employed by 18th century European physicians for resuscitating drowning victims and other purposes."
    I wounder....... is this where the turn of phrase came from.???..
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    cabinetmaker:

really, then why is it I always have little nats or mosquitoes around me when I smoke a cigar, they tend to follow me when I am smoking....
    Nats and Mosquitos are drawn to carbon dioxide which you exhale everytime you take a breath. This is probably why they swarm you. There probably isn't enough nicotine in the puffs of 2nd hand smoke to repel them.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Oh my.... "The tobacco smoke enema, an insufflation of tobacco smoke into the **** by enema, was a medical treatment employed by 18th century European physicians for resuscitating drowning victims and other purposes."
    Wow. It very well could be I guess.
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    jeff_connors:
    Is that a real quote or ar eyou blowing smoke up our @$$???
  • Options
    its a real quote ..wikipedia it ....and that is where the phrase comes from
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    If it's on wikipedia, it MUST be true. On a side note I found a wiki that says Jeff is blowing smoke up our@ss.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    adamkhalil:
    jeff_connors:
    "other purposes....." do we really need to know what the "other purposes" are....?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I hear it cures $hits , vits and sagging Ti-ts ...I'm just sayin ...
  • Options
    Krieg:
    adamkhalil:
    jeff_connors:
    "other purposes....." do we really need to know what the "other purposes" are....?
    Sorry spelling mistake .....i meant Porpoises.."other Porpoises"ohhh...awful....just awful.... and the wiki about me blowing smoke, should have sead that i am the kind of Spain ...i guess some 6th grader changed it....uh ...well that happens when commies run encyclopedias