Home General Discussion

Diesel strange aftertaste

I just lit up a diesel unlimited, it is extremely smooth however has a very strange after taste.  I can't really explain it but it reminds me of the smell of swamp water.  The cigar is extremely smooth however, not strong like diesel normally is.  I am thinking MAYBE some of the glue from the band got in the end as these have the band at the very end.  I don't know.  Not sure to love this cigar because it is so smooth and tasty or hate it because of the after taste?  Maybe this grew next to a swamp??  Anyone had one like this?

Comments

• biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    The Diesel I smoked, Unholy cocktail, had a bad after taste as well.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I haven't had one of the Unlimiteds, but the band glue is the same as they use for gluing the wrapper and cap which is tasteless.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Diesel needs age IMO. A year does wonders for them. The first half is normally great, then they go south with the earth. However, once they get there they are excellent...but t takes a lot of time.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were siphoning diesel and it had a bad after taste? I'd say that's normal.
    Oh wait. You meant a cigar? LOL
    Ok, it was a bad joke, but it begged for it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, I recommend some aging for all the diesels. The Unlimited in the D.7 size is pretty okay though, even fresh out of the box, but especially the unholy cocktails I think need time.