Home Pipes

Sam Gawith FVF

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
I opened an 8 oz bag of Sam gawith full Virginia flake after 1.5 years. OMG. It smells strong of prunes. I wonder if it will smoke good too?

Comments

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    FVF is a great blend. Very heavy nic if I remember right. You have a lot of pipe stuff Christian?
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    No I don't. I should say I did, but I think I enjoy the aroma more then the actual smoking of it. Smoked using corn cob pipe. I'm trying to get back in to cigars. Just haven't been happy with the few brands I've smoked. Not big in to the pepper taste. Also I just kept wasting them. I might order RP decade limitada or oliva v melanio. Have you had these?
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    christian1971:
    No I don't. I should say I did, but I think I enjoy the aroma more then the actual smoking of it. Smoked using corn cob pipe. I'm trying to get back in to cigars. Just haven't been happy with the few brands I've smoked. Not big in to the pepper taste. Also I just kept wasting them. I might order RP decade limitada or oliva v melanio. Have you had these?
    The Melanio is excellent. Worth the pennies. Try the LAdC Mi Amor reserva as well. Not the pepper like the regular Mi Amor.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    We're can you get this blend I would like to give it a shot. I have only had dime aromatics.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    We're can you get this blend I would like to give it a shot. I have only had dime aromatics.
    blackcatcigars.com they carry sam Gawith FVF
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most McCLelland blends smell like ketchup when you open them. It is strange.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Most McCLelland blends smell like ketchup when you open them. It is strange.
    Haha thanks for the heads up. This little tidbit would probably turn me off right away seeing as how a freaking hate ketchup.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Ketchup...now that's a new one. Honestly I am a big fan of McClelland and I have never noticed this, then again I mainly smoke the Frogmorton and the Series 221-B Black Shag (which is out of this world by the way). One thing I have noticed, working with pipe tobacco as long as I have, is that most matured Virginias--especially flakes--have a rather pungent raisin or prune smell, but once it is thoroughly rubbed out, the true natural sweetness of the Virginia really stands out and that prune nuance is dispelled a bit.