Home General Discussion

What's with the new blog?

Hey, what happened?  Everything is different.  What happened to all the old posts?

Comments

• Not sure what happened, but very refreshing.I like it.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, Sorry for the shock, but we are making some changes at Cigar.com. Our old forum was in conjunction with another site. We are bringing it in house and will also be redisigning ou site in the coming months. Some exciting changes for sure. I hope you like the forum. It is the first stage in our new design.
  • That's very cool. I was thinking Cigar.com needed a face lift and this is looking good so far!
  • so what happened to all the old discussions and is there still pm so we can send addresses etc
    Unfortunately no. The old forum was one we linked to with a skin. Based on this, that data is the property of the other owner. We are starting fresh.
  • Hey Alex it is a shock most of us did not know because we log into the old forum through the previous site, maybe you should put an announcement on the C.Com website.  What are the rules for the discussions here, i.e. cubans, etc.

• This is wierd. And where did the pipe discussion go?

Sorry for any confusion. The old forum was not ours. We were at the time testing if we wanted to do a forum a year or two ago and partnered with www.amback.com who had an existing cigar forum that we liked. The idea was to use theirs with our skin to test it out. When you were on our cigar.com forum in the past, you were actually on ambacks website. They hosted it and everything. The time just came that we needed to create our own forum and move it in house. We will be upgrading this forum over time with new areas but this was the first phase in the transition. Amback was a great partner but we were getting to a size where we needed to host this ourselves. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I think you will find this a fun community.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

i was there with amback.

as long as the info and good people remain there and ill hang out here too.   i can do both.

im sure there are new rules that ill look up here in a moment.

good luck cigar.com in your new forum!! im rootin for ya!

• I was taken aback for a moment when I ran into the new format and realized the old posts were gone, but I'll give big props to Alex for being here and responding so quickly to the concerns and questions.
  • shehanshehan Posts: 10
    looks good! great to see it 'inhouse"...
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79

Hey Alex,

Nice looking new place you got here. Congrats on the new forum. I look forward to posting here along with the other ones I have always posted on. Here's to  fresh start for Cigar.com

• VinniumVinnium Posts: 12

Glad to see that Cigars.com has made a move to host there own...I was a freguent watcher (stalker LOL), but not poster with amback. Just started postings and liek what I see so far. Great Job

Brian

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bump for Kuzi's first post.
    Rain:
    first post here.

my first post on the father of this forum (that doesnt even exist any more) was about cooking with garlic.

on this forum i was the 35th person to sign up.
    kuzi16:
    Rain:
    first post here.

my first post on the father of this forum (that doesnt even exist any more) was about cooking with garlic.

on this forum i was the 35th person to sign up.
    Ever think you would be here this long?
    Iduno. Never thought about it.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I like this digging up vets first posts thing.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    kuzi16:
    What about now?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    kuzi16:
    What about now?
    Double Necro??? Really???