Home Non Cigar Related

Let there be Bacon!!

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
http://startcooking.com/blog/395/50-Ways-to-Use-Bacon

Heading downstairs right now to try making candied bacon...just realized i have all the stuff for it :)

Comments

• SlickRSSlickRS Posts: 44
    What is candied bacon?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    #33, Candied Bacon Ice Cream. Its starts off with candied bacon, im still experimenting. The first batch was a disaster but if you fry it slowly to somewhat of a crisp, them candy it with brown sugar, it comes out damn good. :) But the first batch made a hell of a BLT!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    If you do the bacon weave and make a sandwich from it, it's a bacon lattice and tomato!

On a cooling rack on a jelly roll pan, lay out your bacon strips and cover them with dark brown sugar, then a good dose of freshly ground black pepper over that. Bake until bubbly, let cool. Yum.
    Is there no end to bacon's possiblities! I meand really you can stuff in, stuff with, wrap, fry, candy, use as a topping, use as a main course....has anyone told drew estate about bacon?
  • WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    Jetmech_63:
    Is there no end to bacon's possiblities! I meand really you can stuff in, stuff with, wrap, fry, candy, use as a topping, use as a main course....has anyone told drew estate about bacon?
    I've heard that they are hard at work with baconated tobacco.
  • The beauty of bacon is it is the only meat that you can season other meat with. Not sure if I read that on here somewhere or saw it elsewhere, but thought it was worth sharing or re-iterating.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Has one seen Bacon Salt? I saw an ad that said it can make anything taste like bacon.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    this is such a great statement:
    With all its greatness it is possible bacon would be the 5th Earthly element
    This hit me like a loaded pig! My parents are coming down and i'd figure i'd do something nice for dinner. You know how they sell bacon wrapped filet mignon in the store....well lets take that up a notch. I can buy a whole beef tenderloin(filet mignon) for 25 bucks(atleast something is still a good deal these days!) and im gonna do a bacon weave...wrap the whole thing and stick the rotisserie through it. Anyone have any other ideas to improve on this? season the inside then wrap it...marinate...thickness of bacon....

Edit: Bacon Explosion is now on wikipedia

Edit #2: Bacon Weave Pizza!!! Yeah i went there!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    This hit me like a loaded pig! My parents are coming down and i'd figure i'd do something nice for dinner. You know how they sell bacon wrapped filet mignon in the store....well lets take that up a notch. I can buy a whole beef tenderloin(filet mignon) for 25 bucks(atleast something is still a good deal these days!) and im gonna do a bacon weave...wrap the whole thing and stick the rotisserie through it. Anyone have any other ideas to improve on this? season the inside then wrap it...marinate...thickness of bacon....

Just make sure that you do this near a hospital or at least drive towards one very quickly after eating

But does sound damn delicious!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not bump @Yakster but chomp chomp

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thick-cut bacon wrapped sausage stuffed with fried egg and cheese. Finally something useful on Instagram.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.