Home Non Cigar Related

Another SEC National Championship?

As most of you know Notre Dame won last night sealing their fate in the NC game. The winner of the SEC will more than likely play Notre Dame for the BCS championship. I am interested in seeing what everyone thinks about the the chances of ND winning or will it be another one for the SEC?

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    0%
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Really? IMO if ND plays Alabama i think BAMA will roll them. ND is a really good team but i think BAMA's defense will pick them apart.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    It will be tough I think. Neither ND nor Bama have a good secondary.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I don't care just so Bama destroys UGA this weekend. First UGA/Tech game I've turned off at the half with no desire to check back in, but I'm not bitter about it. :D
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see ND win it, but I just don't have the confidence in them. Both Alabama and Georgia are a bit more consistant.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I wouldn't write ND off. Texas A&M showed Alabama how to play the game, and that goal line stand Notre Dame held last weekend was impressive. IF, and it's not a done deal by any means, If Alabama gets past Georgia, the 'Bama / ND game should be a low scoring defensive battle won in the secondaries, and it will be a great battle.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    I would like to see ND win it, but I just don't have the confidence in them. Both Alabama and Georgia are a bit more consistant.
    +1 to this
  • bap001bap001 Posts: 28
    I would also like to see ND win it but I just don't think they will. While ND is a great defensive team, their offensive leaves something to be desired. I do think it will be low scoring against either UGA or Bama but I think it will be UGA or Bama's defense making the big play to win the game.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    I would love to see ND win. My favorite college team sucks at football(Purdue/Indiana U.) so I have to live vicariously through ND. I would REALLY be happy to see them beat an SEC team. I am sick of hearing about the SEC and how every other conference is just second rate (per the people I know and hang around with in Louisiana).
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    As a Gator fan I guess I should pull for the SEC but I really don't like either one and Yeah the SEC really is that good.
    fla-gypsy:
    As a Gator fan I guess I should pull for the SEC but I really don't like either one and Yeah the SEC really is that good.
    No...LSU and Bama are that good. I'll even give you Florida and Georgia. I think that's a quarter of the SEC.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    South Carolina beat the everliving $hit out of Georgia and lost to LSU by 2 in Death Valley at night. Florida in turn beat LSU and SC, and of course Texas A&M beat Alabama. Then UGA beats UF. SEC schedules are by far and away the toughest in the country. No one else goes through this type of grind. Having said that, ND did play a pretty respectable schedule this year, but luckily for them they don't have to play a conference championship game. One less game = one less game to plan for, less chance of injuries etc. Either way, the NC should be a good game.
    Let me start this with saying..I'm not one of those fans who thinks their team is the best and nothing you can tell or show me will change that. I recognize that ND is very, very lucky to be undefeated. The only teams ND destroyed this year was Navy and Wake Forest, which is not saying much at all. I think most undefeated seasons need skill and luck, in ND's case a little (or lot) more luck then skill. I'm not an SEC hater, my only gripe is when fans of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, Arkansas, Vandy, Tennessee, Missouri and Kentucky talk about how great the SEC is. Being part of the SEC doesnt not entitle you to bash everyone elses conferance, when only Auburn has done anything as of late....and look at them now. The SEC has won, what, the last 7 Championships? Freaking impressive. Rant is done, thanks for reading :) To clarify, I'm not saying people here are bashing conferances.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Rain:
    Let me start this with saying..I'm not one of those fans who thinks their team is the best and nothing you can tell or show me will change that. I recognize that ND is very, very lucky to be undefeated. The only teams ND destroyed this year was Navy and Wake Forest, which is not saying much at all. I think most undefeated seasons need skill and luck, in ND's case a little (or lot) more luck then skill. I'm not an SEC hater, my only gripe is when fans of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, Arkansas, Vandy, Tennessee, Missouri and Kentucky talk about how great the SEC is. Being part of the SEC doesnt not entitle you to bash everyone elses conferance, when only Auburn has done anything as of late....and look at them now. The SEC has won, what, the last 7 Championships? Freaking impressive. Rant is done, thanks for reading :) To clarify, I'm not saying people here are bashing conferances.
    bump
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    DCarp2005:
    Rain:
    bump
    University of Kentucky football fans should be required to drink heavily before saying anythng about college football.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    JDH:
    DCarp2005:
    Rain:
    bump
    University of Kentucky football fans should be required to drink heavily before saying anythng about college football.
    That's funny right there. University of Minnesota Golden Gopher football fans HAVE to drink heavily to say anything about college football. Best we've done in the polls in the last 50 years is being the preseason favorite as the worst team in the country. Hey, you may laugh but that's pretty hard to do! The SEC has some great football programs and the young ladies on campus... well I believe I would have enjoyed the atmosphere there.