Home Cigar 101
Options

How Do You Keep Cigar Notes?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I've just started keeping notes on cigars. For the first couple months, I just smoked whatever and kept a mental note of if I liked it or not. I'm at the point now where I'd like to keep better track of what I like, so I can figure out why I like it...if that makes sense. I'm going to keep track of type, wrapper, binder, filler, size, country of origin and date smoked. What "fields" do you use?

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the RateMyCigar app. That way, these notes are always handy, complete with pics and ratings and such. For example, I can walk into a store humi, see a stick, check how I rated it, or if I have not, then search the net for reviews, all in a few minutes standing in front of the shelf. Free to get, easy to use, pretty darn comprehensive. Got mine for android, but I'm pretty sure there's an iphone one too.

Keeping records is really a great idea.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    stogierate works good too!
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Google Docs spreadsheet. Brand, Blend, Wrapper, Lenth, RG, Overall Rating*, Body*, Strength*, Burn Quality*, Flavor, and Notes. * - these have drop down boxes for preset ratings. Some of the stuff was taken from ideas from someone else though I can't remember who it was.