Home Cigar 101

Gifting a box.

Hi everyone, I am looking to pick up a box of cigars for my brother in law for Christmas. I don't think anyone knows as much when it comes to gifting cigars as you all, so what do you think? Looking to spend around $100. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CLEsmokes:
    Hi everyone, I am looking to pick up a box of cigars for my brother in law for Christmas. I don't think anyone knows as much when it comes to gifting cigars as you all, so what do you think? Looking to spend around $100. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
    what does he typically smoke? And why aren't we related? Lol
  • smoke em if you got em:
    CLEsmokes:
    We were on a golf league this summer and we smoked a little bit of everything. He really seems to be open, but I know he was on an Alec Bradley kick this summer. I think he picked up a couple samplers from them.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Alec Bradley Tempus.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Partagas 1845 hands down!! Great smoke for the money. My other suggestions you would have to seek out a helluva deal
    Money can't buy taste
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    CLEsmokes:

most of the diesel line can be had for under $100, and one of my new favorites the CAO Concert is also a good one for under $100.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    If hes an alec Bradley fan the tempus and family blend can be found for around 100 bucks.
    Theres actually allot that could be had for around 100.. el titan de bronze is another one thats steller and fairly priced. Curivari 4000s are sub 75 for a box of ten and theyre hella goooooood.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CLEsmokes:
    smoke em if you got em:
    CLEsmokes:
    We were on a golf league this summer and we smoked a little bit of everything. He really seems to be open, but I know he was on an Alec Bradley kick this summer. I think he picked up a couple samplers from them.
    American Classic, Maxx, and Sun Grown meet the hundred buck ceiling in an Alec Bradley. Maxx is okay. But the Black Market is something most everyone likes, if you can stretch the budget another thirty five.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look around, you can find great deals on boxes.
    Here are a couple that I see on the sprint sale sometimes that may be nice.
    Torano 1916
    Tat Havana IV Nobles
    AF Hemingway Short Story
    Oliva V

But knowing the types of cigars the person likes would help a lot.

Edit: Actually, after looking at the Weekend Blitz, that box of Torano Exodus Gold for $40 is a killer deal and a really nice cigar.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. Opened my eyes to a lot of cigars out there. I'm leaning toward the Partagas 1845 for the gift and the CAO concert for me 8] . The Black Crown also caught my attention. I've never had it, any feedback on it?
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CLEsmokes:
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Opened my eyes to a lot of cigars out there. I'm leaning toward the Partagas 1845 for the gift and the CAO concert for me 8] . The Black Crown also caught my attention. I've never had it, any feedback on it?
    black crown is a great stick. I've had 3 in the month and they do not dissappoint and won't break the bank.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Lot 23 maduro's,
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    CLEsmokes:
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Opened my eyes to a lot of cigars out there. I'm leaning toward the Partagas 1845 for the gift and the CAO concert for me 8] . The Black Crown also caught my attention. I've never had it, any feedback on it?
    The partagas 1845 is by far the best addition to the normal partagas line!! I'm really surprised that it didn't get as much hype as say the pinalero. Personally I'd look into a box for yourself as well! With the price it's one of the best budget sucks out there IMO.
    Money can't buy taste
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Ccom has a box of 12 Oliva V double robusto tubos priced well under $100. Personally, I don't think you can buy a better Nicaruagan cigar at that price point, and it would be a great gift.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Edit: Actually, after looking at the Weekend Blitz, that box of Torano Exodus Gold for $40 is a killer deal and a really nice cigar.

Yes it absolutely was! I love that stick and almost pulled the trigger myself but the vitola was just too big for my liking.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Torano's are great, Adam, if I were you, I'd call Andy and see what he can do for ya. The CCOM American Labels are great. (you have one now) You can try the Black Crown (you have one now). The Concert really impressed me and so have the other CAO releases. The La traviata and the la anniversary Maduro were both great. You absolutely cannot go wrong buying someone "new" to cigars a sampler. That way, they can figure out for themselves what they like. Also, Bueso's are very affordable!(you have two! lol)