Home Ratings & Reviews

Cuba Libre

Just had a Cuba Libre Magnum this morning. Excellent smoke! The draw is practically nonexistent and you get a TON of smoke out of it!

Took an hour and 40 minutes to reach the band point. I would have smoked it down to the nub, but I had to leave (I didn't think it would take over an hour).

The flavor was primarily nuttiness with a bit of pepper here and there. I'd definitely grab another one if I have the opportunity.

Comments

• bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I too enjoy this one. I've also noticed that it has an easy draw, but still enjoyable.

For some reason whenever I smoke this one, I always get a "tangy" taste to it. Hard to explain, but thats the only thing that comes to mind.

IMO, a nice smoke at a nice price point.
  • JFJF Posts: 54
    Cuba Libre is awesome. Period.

Tastes like a $10 stick, costs $5 - one of the first cigars I tried, and I keep going back to it again and again....doesn't take to aging too well, unfortunately. I actually think the sweet spot for these is somewhere from 2 weeks - 3 months after you plop 'em in the humi.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    How strong is the Cuba Libre? Full?
  • JFJF Posts: 54
    Medium to Medium-full, I'd say.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    JF:
    Cuba Libre is awesome. Period.

Tastes like a $10 stick, costs $5 - one of the first cigars I tried, and I keep going back to it again and again....doesn't take to aging too well, unfortunately. I actually think the sweet spot for these is somewhere from 2 weeks - 3 months after you plop 'em in the humi.
    Always nice to have these kinds of sticks available...it helps me keeps my hands off the ones I want to put some serious age on. It always a good thing to find a stick that you like staight out of the box. IMO
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    bass8844:
    For some reason whenever I smoke this one, I always get a "tangy" taste to it. Hard to explain, but thats the only thing that comes to mind.

It's almost citrusy in my mind. I think this was the first stick I undoubtedly noticed a hint of orange peel or something citrus
  • tseehorntseehorn Posts: 14
    What kind of wrapper do these use? Also how is the construction?