Home Ratings & Reviews

House Brands?

Any favorites on the Cigar.com House Brands?

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I like the Sun Grown, American and the Cuban
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I like the purple.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I like the purple.
    Yep the purple is tasty too
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    corojo label is good. I think pepin blended that one.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    james40:
    I like the purple.
    Yep the purple is tasty too
    I love the Purple, Blue, Corojo, and the American. The rest are good, but those are my favorites. An American Label is in my Herfador at all times for when I'm fishing or driving and can't decide what I want.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    I like the Sun Grown, American and the Cuban

^^ these.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brazilian is my favorite..
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Brazilian is my favorite..

+1 and then the Corojo...

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Brazilian , Corojo, and Sun Grown are my top three of the house brand.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Sun grown, Corojo:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Cuban and Sun Grown are my tops then the Corojo and Brazilian, have yet to try the American one
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:

+1 and the purple, blue and american are very enjoyable for a mild smoke.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sungrown and Purple. Great values.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    #1 but I don't think they make the corojo anymore.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    kaspera79:
    The still seem to be there when I look. The American is my favorite of what I have tried.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Rhamlin:
    kaspera79:
    The still seem to be there when I look. The American is my favorite of what I have tried.
    I love the Corojo myself. They have discontinued the Corojo because of increasing prices on the wrapper leaves. When what they have in stock is gone, they're gone forever.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sun Grown and Brazil are my two favs. The Red label is solid too. I gotta try the American label. Have it just haven't smoked it yet
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Blue is my fav.
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Are the House Brands long or short fillers?
  • gio164:
    I believe they're long fillers. My next investment is going to be a few of these house brands y'all have suggested. Always looking for a good one to have on hand for the friends, or when I'm turning wrenches on my truck. If rather enjoy my good ones on special occasions.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    My favorite is the Brazilian by far, it is sweet and has hints of cocoa, then probably the red label
    SkippyGun:
    gio164:
    I believe they're long fillers. My next investment is going to be a few of these house brands y'all have suggested. Always looking for a good one to have on hand for the friends, or when I'm turning wrenches on my truck. If rather enjoy my good ones on special occasions.
    watch the sprint sale for great deals on boxes.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    There's 10 of the American Label Robusto at a great price on the daily deal today... check it out!
    gio164:
    Short. I found that out the hard way. Ordered a box of the sungrown recently. First one I uncapped, got a mouth full of 1/4" flakes and shards. Cut it open to see this:

Cut open another, same deal. Not just short filler, but itty bits:

That's short.

... I'm leaving these pics full sized so that you can appreciate how tiny some of those flakes are.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

^ sad day. No wonder they are so cheap. I hate a mouth full of tobacco. Although, I've smoked 2 boxes of Blue robusto and havent noticed yet. Time to move over to the punch instead of the guillotine.
    ddubridge:
    ^ sad day. No wonder they are so cheap. I hate a mouth full of tobacco. Although, I've smoked 2 boxes of Blue robusto and havent noticed yet. Time to move over to the punch instead of the guillotine.
    No, you're right. I went thru a mega sampler, which included three of each house blend, and never hit this prob once. Then I scored this one box and it was sweepings. I don't say shreds are always a prob, not by a long shot. I'm just saying fillers are not full length, and may be shreds small as flakes.

Now, in all fairness, I ought to have pointed out that when I called cigar.com to ask what's up with this, Sean shot me out a box of something different no questions asked. So you don't have to worry cause they will square you away.

webmost:
    ddubridge:
    No, you're right. I went thru a mega sampler, which included three of each house blend, and never hit this prob once. Then I scored this one box and it was sweepings. I don't say shreds are always a prob, not by a long shot. I'm just saying fillers are not full length, and may be shreds small as flakes.

Now, in all fairness, I ought to have pointed out that when I called cigar.com to ask what's up with this, Sean shot me out a box of something different no questions asked. So you don't have to worry cause they will square you away.

Oh, I will continue to buy boxes of the blues. It's my go to hand out cigar for friends. And alot of my friends love them. I am just not a fan of having to spit out flakes of tobacco while I smoke. But like I said, hadnt noticed thus far, I'll probably just punch the suckers from now on.
  • ddubridge:
    webmost:
    ddubridge:

Oh, I will continue to buy boxes of the blues. It's my go to hand out cigar for friends. And alot of my friends love them. I am just not a fan of having to spit out flakes of tobacco while I smoke. But like I said, hadnt noticed thus far, I'll probably just punch the suckers from now on.
    Come Friday I think I'm gonna get one of the samplers so I can try them out. If I like em, they may be in one of 3 humidors that I'm gonna make.
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    I ordered a sampler of the house blends, should get here on Monday. I am very anxoius to see how they smoke.