Home Pipes

Looking to Start

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Looking to get in to pipes. Before I go off and buy the pipes and tobacco, anyone got a few cobs laying around that they would be willing to trade for some cigars?

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got ya covered. Sending you a PM.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Now that Davis was nice enough to send two pipes my way, I get to dig through this forum and find out how to smoke with them haha. I notice you guys are not as active over here, I will do my best to change that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Thats what I like to hear!
    Davis (webmost) sent me two pipes. I'm having internet problems right now, but I'll show these bad boys off when I get it fixed! Thanks again, Davis.image
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just started pipes too! You'll love it. It's just an engrossing as cigars! Now I have two monster hobbies lol! All the pipe attention has let my cigars age a little too, good deal.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Gray4lines:
    I have just started pipes too! You'll love it. It's just an engrossing as cigars! Now I have two monster hobbies lol! All the pipe attention has let my cigars age a little too, good deal.
    I'm excited to start. I have the pipes...but that is all haha. Xmas drained all my money. I need to sit down, figure out what I need (tobacco, cleaners etc) then buy all of it.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    I'm excited to start. I have the pipes...but that is all haha. Xmas drained all my money. I need to sit down, figure out what I need (tobacco, cleaners etc) then buy all of it.
    I gotta suggestion: There's a lot of tobacconist slash cigar bars I have walked into where they have a row of glass jars on the counter with house blend tobaccos. Go hang out, buy a couple of bowlls of different blends, see what you like. House blends don't cost much at all. You can use a pocket knife with a pen blade for your scraper. A pack of pipe cleaners is a couple bucks. A roofing nail makes a fair tamper. All that won't set you back more than a hamburger. At least give you a chance to see if you like it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my son smokes pipes also .he started with some captan black gold.said was a good start.my b&m sells pipe tobacco and supplies yours might too. i didnt notice till my son started smoking pipes.for christmas we just bought him a starter kit from another site that you prob know.came with cleaners a tool and two tins of decent pipe tobacco so check that out it was pretty economic to.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    If you are looking for a starter kit, please feel free to drop me an email or give ma call, I'll be happy to set something up for you that wont break the bank.
    webmost:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    I gotta suggestion: There's a lot of tobacconist slash cigar bars I have walked into where they have a row of glass jars on the counter with house blend tobaccos. Go hang out, buy a couple of bowlls of different blends, see what you like. House blends don't cost much at all. You can use a pocket knife with a pen blade for your scraper. A pack of pipe cleaners is a couple bucks. A roofing nail makes a fair tamper. All that won't set you back more than a hamburger. At least give you a chance to see if you like it.

This and Sean's ideas are both good...thank you gents!