kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080623/ap_on_en_tv/obit_george_carlin
Seven Words You Can Never Say On TV
lets see:
piss

ill smoke to him after work.

Comments

• rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Heard about this on the radio coming into work this morning. He was a damn funny man.......
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    RIP
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Well, crap...there went a perfectly good day :(
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's a shame. He was an institution. I don't remember the name of it, but his record (LP, that is) that had "The Hippy Dippy Weatherman" on it used to crack me up when I was kid.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    I'll smoke to him after work.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Definitely some sad news. I too heard about it on the radio on the drive to work, and I couldn't help but think about it all day long. I always got the impression that George Carlin was either quite intelligent or just very insightful, maybe both, as his comedy always seemed to be comprised of very astute observations...well, that and seven words.

Gone but not forgotten. Rest in Peace, George.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't often get bummed out when people I don't know personally die, but when i heard that last night it kept me up.. A few years ago there was a list of America's choice for the funniest 100 people of all times and George was number two Beaten only by Richard Pryor. I wonder if that same list of seven words also apply to this forum ? We shall see.
    As kuzi demonstrated, the list here appears to be 5 words.
    That is the list which passed editing here... well now I can "spice up" my vocabulary a bit when necessary. Welcome to the 21st century we can finally say p***, or maybe not.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I remember the first time I heard his seven words. I laughed hard for sure. That was over 25 years ago. Now that list is a bit shorter as many of them are used in prime time network television now.
  • la-henryla-henry Posts: 74
    rdnstn:
    I remember the first time I heard his seven words. I laughed hard for sure. That was over 25 years ago. Now that list is a bit shorter as many of them are used in prime time network television now.
    wow......the first time you heard the 7 words bit was 4 years before i was born............
    Yeah I was in grade school at the time and a friend of mine got his hands on a copy of the vinyl album and we listened to that thing a hundred times.. We both decided to become comedians thanks to George, aah wasted youth..
    kaspera79:
    Yeah I was in grade school at the time and a friend of mine got his hands on a copy of the vinyl album and we listened to that thing a hundred times.. We both decided to become comedians thanks to George, aah wasted youth..
    Or wasted adulthood.
    What do you mean I'm working on my act to hit the road with you, and all the other wisecrackers here.
    "The Old Stogie Comedy Tour?"
    Coming to a town near you soon..Shall we start in, nah that jokes getting old. We have the name,thats a start. Someone had a great signature here , from Ron White .. "I have quite a cigar collection, well thats not exactly true because I intend to smoke every damn one of them.." ( or something like that ) so maybe quotes are not required.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    What a great man. I too was quite saddened when I heard he had passed away.