Home General Discussion

Why do you come here?

nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
Why do you come here? I've been coming to Cigar.com and the forums for over a year now, been a customer for longer. I live in Utah, and there aren't that many cigar lovers out here (shock and surprise). But I can come to the forums here and feel like I'm not alone. Coming here feeds my hobby (... ok it's an obsession). I'm here at Cigar.com to try new cigars, sample and check out the new and anticipated up and coming cigars and people that create them, try some good old classic cigars that I've missed, and to peer in to the minds of others that also love cigars. I come to the forums every day because I know that no matter what the discussion is, there will always be so many different views and opinions on every single topic possible. Except for purses, make up and if this dress makes me look fat........ But if that thread does pop up, I'm sure we'll see an abundance of thoughts for it too. No topic should be taboo or too sensitive that we can't or shouldn't share our thoughts about it, unless it's going to put Cigar.com down, then you better just prey we don't find you and hunt you down. And if there was such a sensitive topic, I'm sure we would handle it appropriately. My point is, I love cigars. I love talking and reading about cigars. And I "like" you fellas and ladies (I know there have been some ladies here, sure wouldn't hurt to have more ladies that love cigars here at the forums, and I say "like" because you haven't even taken me to dinner let alone buy me a drink, love takes a little more than fancy words, but a good dark lager might do the trick). So, why do you come here? Mike

Comments

• naughtnaught Posts: 56
    I'm new to the game and its been a great place to sponge info. Cigars, and c.com have been a huge part of my goal of just slowing down and enjoying life.
  • bengbeng Posts: 1

same thing dont always post more of a vouyer but i like hearn the reviews and seein how the forum cigar was gonna come out even though i didnt get a chance to jump on that one but i have no freindly cigar stores were i can relax and talk shop with so i come here and the daily cigar deals are sometimes good deals

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Information at first, then getting to know some great people on here kept and keeps me coming back. Also I've been able to try many, dozens of cigars that I would have not have had.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I started coming here because I learned everything I know about cigars from this band of ruffians and burro lovers here. Also I learned to be a bit more open minded about cigars and to just go out and try new ones. Heck, Pheebs said it so well, I'll just go ahead and quote him.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Information at first, then getting to know some great people on here kept and keeps me coming back. Also I've been able to try many, dozens of cigars that I would have not have had.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    I started coming here because I learned everything I know about cigars from this band of ruffians and burro lovers here. Also I learned to be a bit more open minded about cigars and to just go out and try new ones. Heck, Pheebs said it so well, I'll just go ahead and quote him.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I should start charging for quoting... =)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's nice to be in the company, even if it is only an internet message board, of some like-minded people to discuss cigars and our opinions about them. I only know one person in real life who smokes cigars, and that is only because of this message board. So yeah, I come here for the good conversation, tips and related experiences.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I come here for the conversation and for ideas on new cigars to try. I don't usually buy new cigars without some type of recommendation, because I don't like blowing money on crappy smokes. When cigars have some good press here, then I feel good about trying them out. I have discovered many new favorites here, and expanded well beyond my normal smokes of old such as RyJ Reserva and Montecristo White. I have new favorites, such as the MOW Ruination, Oliva Serie G Maduro, and Nubs.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    I generally have nothing else to do, I really like all things cigar, And i'm in love with my computer.
  • The forums have become my go to place to keep up on the cigar world while deployed. I know I make a lot of references to me being here but its where I'm stuck for a few more months, I'm not trying to be that guy grabbing attention because I'm deployed. So sorry in advance for the constant Iraq this Iraq that. That being said, it really has become vital to looking into new and upcoming cigars, classics, and reviews. The staff is great Jeff Jackson is my go to man and is always taking care of me. Another plus is it seems to be a generally younger crowd which is nice because reviews are coming from guys with similar palates to mine. So thanks to everyone for keeping this place lively, informative and fun. -Oldie
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Information at first, then getting to know some great people on here kept and keeps me coming back.
    i still come here for information.

yes, the people do keep me coming back. As of late phobic, you are one of the people i most enjoy reading posts from.

and that brings me to this:

tick... tick... tick....

its a slow clock though.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I come here to buy cigars and learn about others I want to try. The forum is a great place to learn about all things cigars and exchange ideas, like how to build the ultimate humidor...and Michael Jackson jokes are the icing on the cigar cake.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Simply can't find a better group of BOTL. Some of the most insightful and generous folks. It's great to be a student and be a part of such an awesome brotherhood.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I like comin here to read up on cigar news, read other posts to find out what other people are up to in thier cigar world.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like the people here, the information here, and reading some of the various opinions about everything under the sun here. Especially the political stuff. It's interesting how so many people from so many different backgrounds and differing opinions on politics, laws, cigar tastes, and many other things, can drop all those differences in an instant when it comes to the love of a good smoke and the comraderie of sharing both experiences and different cigars.

It's the idea that we all have at least one common interest we can come here and talk about.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I'm like the others. I came here looking for information and discovered a great group of people with great senses of humor. This is the only board I read and post on except for facebook (the worlds greatest time waster).

oh and nightmare, that dress does make you look fat.

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I think I come to ccom because it has fantastic daily deals. I come to the forums for the burros.
  • d_nowelld_nowell Posts: 57
    I come here definitely for the information... I love to learn everything I can about this wonderful hobby and this is by far the best place I have found to gain that knowledge. The people here are so nice and helpful, I havn't had a problem yet that someone hasn't had or knew how to fix.... The deals aren't bad either......
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I came here in the hopes that a cabinetmaker would also join and I'd hatch a devious plan to befriend him and convince him to make me a beautiful humidor for a fair price.

Actually, Pheebs said it best, but I'll be damned if I'm paying him a copyright fee. Came for the info, still getting great into and there are some great and knowledgable folks here.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'm doing a research paper on why people congregate in cyberspace....has nothing to do with the like minded great BOTL , the abundance and wealth of information or the wonderful world of cigar smoking ...
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I come here becauase I buy most of my cigars from ccom and there is plenty of good info on the forum. This is also the only forum that I've even considered posting on, so I guess that says a little about the owners of this site and the guys that hang around here.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I like the people here, the information here, and reading some of the various opinions about everything under the sun here. Especially the political stuff. It's interesting how so many people from so many different backgrounds and differing opinions on politics, laws, cigar tastes, and many other things, can drop all those differences in an instant when it comes to the love of a good smoke and the comraderie of sharing both experiences and different cigars.

It's the idea that we all have at least one common interest we can come here and talk about.
    yes.
    many people dont get this. too many people take political discussion personally. its not personal. we all have opinions that we think will help the US. we have a common goal: prosperity. i can respect that even if i disagree with it.
  • I started coming here for the deals and then the info from the forums. I have learned alot in the 6 or so months since I started this cigar obsession. I also secretly play along w/ the movie trivia thread since I cannot answer them due to not being qualified.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I initially liked it because i could talk cigars with a bunch of like minded people but the awesome people keep me coming back. I love the games, the bomb wars and even the burros. With everything wrong in the world, health care, cap and tax, debt, on and on....i can light up a cigar, log on and instantly feel better. I've said it before and will continue to do so but i love you guys, Joe, Gino, Dougie, Brandon, Tony, Fuzzy Nuts, Kevin, Duty, Scramz, Ron...hell too many to list.